+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
Hey guys did anyone use US license to pick passport? Is it advisable to give a canadian address for delivery or pick up via US license?

a1212

May 14, 2024
This group has been helpful so I want to lay out my experience. Mine was a dropbox at Vancouver consulate and we have been living in Vancouver.

May 03/2024: Submitted docs through Canada Post

May 10/2024: Approved but my partners application id was not returning any info

May 13/2024: Application moved back to Received stage.

May 15/2024: Application approved for the second time

May 16/2024 : Visa Issued.

Hopefully this helps to the folks who are worried about application moving back to Received stage after approval.

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
Hi Guys, When I try to do a courier in receipt it's asking to send details of the adult sending your documents as it appears in driving license or acceptable government id. The country part is fixed to Canada. I only have a US address. Can someone help on this?

Ronak529

Dec 27, 2022
Hello everyone, any latest experience with Ottawa dropbox for h1b stamping? I have seen post where Toronto is crazy delayed and some great post about Ottawa. I am in dilemma, if anyone can share your experience I would appreciate. Thanks

Curiousa

May 25, 2024
Hello everyone, any latest experience with Ottawa dropbox for h1b stamping? I have seen post where Toronto is crazy delayed and some great post about Ottawa. I am in dilemma, if anyone can share your experience I would appreciate. Thanks
I co-ask this question. I've submitted a dropbox application to Toronto consulate and I've been asked to send my documents but given the long turn around time, I'm considering paying another visa application fee to submit another application to the Ottawa consulate. I don't want to pay a new visa application fee if the Ottawa turn around time is similar to Toronto.

Curiousa

May 25, 2024
I got lot of information from this Group and which has helped me to take right decisions like submitting to Ottawa instead of Toronto. Thought I stay in Toronto I submitted for Ottawa. Which has helped me complete all process in two weeks.
Here are more details about my process:

I am working in Canada on Closed work permit, This is my 5th H1B visa stamping, previous 4 were done in India. My latest H1B stamping is valid till Aug’24.

11 Mar 2024 – Submitted details in AIS website for Canada visa appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in

After I submitted plied, I was added to the virtual queue with a wait time of 5 weeks. But I got instructions email next day morning itself.

12 Mar 2024: Got an email to send documents email arrived with instructions. The status on AIS website changed to “Send documents.”

12 Mar 2024: Sent document around 2 PM via Canada Post
Documents submitted:
  • Passport old (H1B visa stamp)
  • Current passport
  • Form DS 160 Confirmation page
  • Email Instructions (pdf) printed. “GDIT/United States DoS Nonimmigrant VisaInstructions” (4 pages document)
  • 3rd page from the Courier in instructions (which clearly states at the bottom in bold “Include this page in the courier envelope that contains your required visa application documents”)
  • One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo
  • Copy of Work Permit
  • Employment Verification letter
  • LCA
13 Mar 2024 : Documents were delivered to the consulate and The status on CEAC website ( https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) changed to “Received”
14 Mar 2024 : Status changed to “Approved”
21 Mar 2024 : Status changed to “Issued.”
22 Mar 2024: Received an Email with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice” Label created for shipping and Passport ready for Purolator pick up.
25 Mar 2024 : The passport was delivered by Purolator, I have selected premium delivery option, I have got passport directly delivered to home.

Happy to help if you have any questions.
Hello. Can you share how you were able to choose Ottawa ? At what point of the application did you see the option to choose Ottawa ? Thanks

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
Hey Guys, I sent my passport to the Vancouver location for dropbox but the status says "No Status" while checking the Visa status. Did anyone else go through the same issue? that's after putting NA for passport number. If I put my regular passport number it says search not found.