+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hello guys. I need your help here. I have started gathering my documents to submit for stage 2. In my AIP letter, it says i should submit a valid passport. Number 1, my passport was taken from me at the point of entry since 2017, they only gave me my data page, but it’s expired now. Will they accept that or how do i go about it. Number 2, no medical form was sent to me, will that come in a separate mail or i have to download it online? The letter says i have to submit all in 30 days.
Same as mine I want to know too,without valid passport how can I get pcc

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
I emailed the officer with a cover letter requesting an exemption from the passport requirements and a copy of my passport bio data page from (CBSA) they responded to me saying the request was granted and they ask for proof of permanent residency fee.
Hello Pear23. Please could you shed more light on how you went about the expired passport issue. Cos my lawyer is telling us we must renew our passport before we submit our documents. The closed date available for renewals is November! I have 30 days to submit all documents from the day I received Aip which was 15th July. I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused. I have passport my data page, but my lawyer is saying it’s not acceptable

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello Pear23. Please could you shed more light on how you went about the expired passport issue. Cos my lawyer is telling us we must renew our passport before we submit our documents. The closed date available for renewals is November! I have 30 days to submit all documents from the day I received Aip which was 15th July. I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused. I have passport my data page, but my lawyer is saying it’s not acceptable
Hi- that's misinformation from your lawyer. You cannot renew your passport without the expired booklet. Our passport was taken from us by cbsa and was expired as well. what we did was write a cover letter explaining that our passport was seized by cbsa and that we were requesting an exemption from the passport requirements. Make sure to attach a copy of the bio data page of your passport from cbsa it should have a stamp that says "TRUE COPY" all the best.

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
Hi- that's misinformation from your lawyer. You cannot renew your passport without the expired booklet. Our passport was taken from us by cbsa and was expired as well. what we did was write a cover letter explaining that our passport was seized by cbsa and that we were requesting an exemption from the passport requirements. Make sure to attach a copy of the bio data page of your passport from cbsa it should have a stamp that says "TRUE COPY" all the best.
Thanks for your reply Pear23. I told my lawyer the same thing and he said if i went ahead to submit the expired passport, it might delay the process of getting our PR card. Do you have your card now? And how long did it take? Thanks

Reactions: Pear23

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Thanks for your reply Pear23. I told my lawyer the same thing and he said if i went ahead to submit the expired passport, it might delay the process of getting our PR card. Do you have your card now? And how long did it take? Thanks
You're welcome. I am not sure why your lawyer is saying that. Ircc is aware that cbsa has your passport it won't delay anything. We just got our ECOPR last Thursday July 13th 2023 so still waiting for our pr cards to come in the mail.

Canny007

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
You're welcome. I am not sure why your lawyer is saying that. Ircc is aware that cbsa has your passport it won't delay anything. We just got our ECOPR last Thursday July 13th 2023 so still waiting for our pr cards to come in the mail.
How long did it take from when you submitted documents, that the portal photo download mail was received?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
How long did it take from when you submitted documents, that the portal photo download mail was received?
About one month. June 13th they asked for passports and on June 14th they asked for proof of right of permanent residence fee.
First portal email came on July 4th then second portal came on July 5th login, upload photos and declare that we were in Canada. July 13th email to download the ECOPR came.

The first email regarding the portal was to fill in names, port of entry and date we arrive in Canada so that they could create the COPR and create a portal account.

Ceegirl

Feb 15, 2023
Hello everyone, My H&C and PPRA was negative and I was given both on same day on June 6 2023.I was asked to buy a ticket and I told them I do not have money and the lady at CBSA said they would buy for me and 2 weeks later I reported amd she gave me a copy of the ticket they bought. I was advised to get a lawyer to help out with the deportation. Please what is the success rate for deferal at the fed high court? I have been told my numerous people that it’s low but my lawyer has put in a JR for the PPRA decision and I am scared of using him again for the deportation order. Please what’s your take? I have not been sleeping well

• Sad
Reactions: Taweda

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone, My H&C and PPRA was negative and I was given both on same day on June 6 2023.I was asked to buy a ticket and I told them I do not have money and the lady at CBSA said they would buy for me and 2 weeks later I reported amd she gave me a copy of the ticket they bought. I was advised to get a lawyer to help out with the deportation. Please what is the success rate for deferal at the fed high court? I have been told my numerous people that it’s low but my lawyer has put in a JR for the PPRA decision and I am scared of using him again for the deportation order. Please what’s your take? I have not been sleeping well
I would suggest getting a lawyer to help with the removal...the lawyer can request a deferral, I see some people get their MP involved the MP did not work for us but it doesn't hurt to try. I can't tell you what the outcome at Federal Court will be because it is God that has the final say. If a deferral does not work then the lawyer can file with Federal court to get a stay of removal. You need to act fast. I know it is stressful but take comfort in God and I wish you all the best.

Canny007

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
So sorry to hear this. As long as you are still here, there is hope. Deferral and stay of removal are granted for a reason/request. All you need to do is to present the best you know will allow it granted, and hopefully for a longer period, till your new H&C will be successful.
Do you already have another H&C in? Act fast, and wish you good luck.

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
About one month. June 13th they asked for passports and on June 14th they asked for proof of right of permanent residence fee.
First portal email came on July 4th then second portal came on July 5th login, upload photos and declare that we were in Canada. July 13th email to download the ECOPR came.

The first email regarding the portal was to fill in names, port of entry and date we arrive in Canada so that they could create the COPR and create a portal account.
Thank you Pear23, your responses are always very informative. Please i want to ask, after you got your AIP, how long did it take to get your Medical form? Also,Did it come in your email or home address? I’m just worried, i got AIP since 15th, and I don’t have medical till now. I heard they send it after 2 days of AIP.

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Thank you Pear23, your responses are always very informative. Please i want to ask, after you got your AIP, how long did it take to get your Medical form? Also,Did it come in your email or home address? I’m just worried, i got AIP since 15th, and I don’t have medical till now. I heard they send it after 2 days of AIP.
You're very welcome @Lar Mo before aip medical was requested for me and my daughter on March 6th then Aip came on April 18th followed by medical request for my husband and son the day after which was April 19th and it came in my email.

Maybe you're exempt from medical. Try calling them and see if that's the case.

Last edited:

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
You're very welcome @Lar Mo before aip medical was requested for me and my daughter on March 6th then Aip came on April 18th followed by medical request for my husband and son the day after which was April 19th and it came in my email.

Maybe you're exempt from medical. Try calling them and see if that's the case.

Okay thanks. I’ll check with them. Do you have their number to reach them on?