+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance for TRV application from inside Canada after receiving Student Permit extension of minor child

rjbangalore

Jan 12, 2020
@VikTheRam we need the original study permit document (the one you receive via postal mail). If you have received the confirmation, you will soon get the paper doc within a week or 2 at the max.

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Couple of more queries:
1. How many days after the submission of the application online did you get the approval to submit your passport?
2. Is there a limit in terms of number of days that you need to courier the passport for stamping after receiving the approval? My son's passport is currently gone for US Visa stamping and is expected back in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for all your guidance

rjbangalore

Jan 12, 2020
@VikTheRam
1. Its very quick.. approx. 1 week.
2. Yes. You have to submit within 30 days from approval date. In the PPR letter it says something like "In case you can't send within 30 days, your application may be refused". I would recommend delaying your TRV submission (if you haven't already submitted) and if you foresee any delay in getting your son's passport after US visa stamping. However, if you have already submitted the TRV application, expect it to be approved within 1-2 weeks max. Then hopefully you get the PP by then and can send it within the deadline.
Don't worry if you miss the deadline and worst case they reject (which is unlikely), But just apply for TRV again with a letter of explanation. It is quite understandable.
Good luck!

Reactions: VikTheRam

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi @RJ, I saw your responses. I'm in the same boat. I hold a valid SOWP & my daughter holds study permit & we are trying to applying for TRV together but it doesnt work. I also get the form 5708e to be filled. Can you suggest me what I need to do? Create a separate login for my daughter & apply?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi @VikTheRam ,

Have you submitted the appln? Did you get the approval?
Im trying to apply for TRV together for myself (on SOWP) , my daughter who hold study permit &my son who holds a visitor Visa, but unable to proceed cos of errors.

Couple of more queries:
1. How many days after the submission of the application online did you get the approval to submit your passport?
2. Is there a limit in terms of number of days that you need to courier the passport for stamping after receiving the approval? My son's passport is currently gone for US Visa stamping and is expected back in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for all your guidance

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Hi. Yes I submitted the applications for new TRV for my wife (SOWP) and also for my son (Student Permit)

Timeline for my wife so far below:
April 18: Submitted TRV application online
April 30: Received approval and request for passport submission
April 30: Sent passport by Canada Post Xpresspost to Ottawa
May 1: Passport recd. at Ottawa processing centre
Awaiting return of stamped passport

Timeline for my son so far below:
April 24: Submitted TRV application online
Awaiting further updates

I submitted the TRV applications using separate GC Key accounts and individually for both (not as a group) so that the correct form was available to be filled out.

Hi @VikTheRam ,

Have you submitted the appln? Did you get the approval?
Im trying to apply for TRV together for myself (on SOWP) , my daughter who hold study permit &my son who holds a visitor Visa, but unable to proceed cos of errors.

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Hi @rjbangalore

How much time did the actual passport stamping take place? I sent the passport to Ottawa by Canada Post on 30-April and they recd. it on 1-May. No further updates since then. The tracking number of the return envelope shows "We didn’t find an item associated with this number" as the status.

Is there any way to check on the status of stamping?

@VikTheRam
2. Yes. You have to submit within 30 days from approval date. In the PPR letter it says something like "In case you can't send within 30 days, your application may be refused". I would recommend delaying your TRV submission (if you haven't already submitted) and if you foresee any delay in getting your son's passport after US visa stamping. However, if you have already submitted the TRV application, expect it to be approved within 1-2 weeks max. Then hopefully you get the PP by then and can send it within the deadline.
Don't worry if you miss the deadline and worst case they reject (which is unlikely), But just apply for TRV again with a letter of explanation. It is quite understandable.
Good luck!
@VikTheRam
Good luck!

priya1025

Dec 31, 2020
Hi @rjbangalore Hi i am mother of 2 kids and am applying for TRV for my kids who are studying in kindergarden and in elementary school in Ontario. In the questionnaire section for "Are you giving someone access to your application? "I selected NO. So, in the final page before doing the payment it asks for Signature. Can a parent sign here or should we put our kids name here as i have answered the question "Are you giving someone access to your application?" as NO. Should i select the answer as YES.?? What should we do here for minor kids below 10 years old. Kindly help

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Hi @rjbangalore Hi i am mother of 2 kids and am applying for TRV for my kids who are studying in kindergarden and in elementary school in Ontario. In the questionnaire section for "Are you giving someone access to your application? "I selected NO. So, in the final page before doing the payment it asks for Signature. Can a parent sign here or should we put our kids name here as i have answered the question "Are you giving someone access to your application?" as NO. Should i select the answer as YES.?? What should we do here for minor kids below 10 years old. Kindly help
@priya1025 Yes, If you have created separate GCkey profiles for your kids and submitting individual applications, you can put your child's name in the signature field field. You can't sign it because it is as if they are submitting their own applications and not you.

rjbangalore

Jan 12, 2020
Hi @rjbangalore

How much time did the actual passport stamping take place? I sent the passport to Ottawa by Canada Post on 30-April and they recd. it on 1-May. No further updates since then. The tracking number of the return envelope shows "We didn’t find an item associated with this number" as the status.

Is there any way to check on the status of stamping?
@VikTheRam I am not sure if there is any other way to check the status of stamping other than tracking the return envelope. Hope you have received it by now.