+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Scheduled to take oath on short notice but no invitation email yet!

mo411

Dec 11, 2023
After calling IRCC, they sent me an email that it was an administrative error and they cancelled the oath ceremony and still waiting until now.

I suggest to check your junk mail first, if not then call IRCC in the early morning, when you get the option to leave your number do so, they will call you. In the call explain the situation and make sure to let them know that you don't want to cancel the ceremony and whether it is possible to attend the ceremony in person or if there is any other option to attend the ceremony. In worst case, they will send an urgent internal message about your case and they will probably cancel it due to an administrative error but I hope not. please let me know how it goes. Good luck!
Thank you very much for a quick response. I will let you know for sure.

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
I'm looking for help or advise if anyone has got something similar to this case: My citizenship tracker online got updated yesterday saying that I've been scheduled for the ceremony on September 18th which is to my surprise in less than 6 days. I received an email for e-certificate instructions but nothing about the invitation itself. I've contacted the client services by phone today, they said they will send an internal message to the officer but they usually respond within 48 hours (2 business days), which means I may not get the response in time before the ceremony! They assured me however that I may get rescheduled if that happened.
I'm hoping to get that invitation soon enough because I'm concerned that rescheduling would mean another long waiting with double worry that something is wrong!

I've read everywhere that invitation emails are usually delivered weeks before the ceremony date, and the scheduling usually allows for at least 2 weeks so I'm not sure why in my case it happened on short notice!
Can someone pls share the phone number that I can reach IRCC on to inquire about the invitation email I never received? I would really appreciate the help

Apr 30, 2024
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 30, 2024. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
Can someone pls share the phone number that I can reach IRCC on to inquire about the oath invitation email I never received? I would really appreciate the help

Apr 30, 2024
Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 30, 2024. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
The same thing happened to me. I got the update in tracker yesterday about the ceremony on Sep 18. When I called the contact centre, they told me they would send the invite which arrived few mins ago but doesn't have the Zoom link! Let me know if you were able to find a resolution. Thanks!
Can someone pls share the phone number that I can reach IRCC on to inquire about the invitation email I never received? I would really appreciate the help

Apr 30, 2024
Citizenship ceremony

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Apr 30, 2024
Citizenship ceremony

No point in contacting them now. You should contact them if you don't receive it a week before your ceremony.

How to call - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018

Apr 30, 2024
Citizenship ceremony

Your oath is 24 days ahead. Are you ok?

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
No point in contacting them now. You should contact them if you don't receive it a week before your ceremony.

How to call - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/
Thanks for the info.I read in one of the threads here that invitation emails are sent at least few weeks in advance. Hence my concern about the email.I did receive an email on how to download the E -certificate today @9:15Am on a Saturday though.I didn't know they work on Saturdays too

ujk4444

Apr 6, 2024
Your oath is 24 days ahead. Are you ok?
I read in one of the threads here that invitation emails are sent at least few weeks in advance. Hence my concern about the email.I did receive an email on how to download the E -certificate today @9:15Am on a Saturday though.I didn't know they work on Saturdays too

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
I read in one of the threads here that invitation emails are sent at least few weeks in advance. Hence my concern about the email.I did receive an email on how to download the E -certificate today @9:15Am on a Saturday though.I didn't know they work on Saturdays too
IRCC say they will send the invite 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, and to contact them if you haven't received the email within 5 days. No need for any undue panic.