+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a ticket for consuming alcohol inside the car

Surajrini

Dec 31, 2023
I was just returning back home from a long trip and on the way I got a ticket from the officer for consuming alcohol inside the car. I was not driving it was someone else who was driving and I was just having alcohol inside the passenger seat of the car. I don’t have a driving license and therefore I was not even aware about the fact you can’t drink alcohol in public places but unfortunately I committed this offence. Will this create a major impact on my profile in future while I am applying for my permanent residency. It’s just been one year I came here and now I am concerned whether this offence of mine gets on the record and therefore create a bad impression in future while doing background check during applying for PR. Can someone who have faced the similar consequences educate me on this issue.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
I was just returning back home from a long trip and on the way I got a ticket from the officer for consuming alcohol inside the car. I was not driving it was someone else who was driving and I was just having alcohol inside the passenger seat of the car. I don’t have a driving license and therefore I was not even aware about the fact you can’t drink alcohol in public places but unfortunately I committed this offence. Will this create a major impact on my profile in future while I am applying for my permanent residency. It’s just been one year I came here and now I am concerned whether this offence of mine gets on the record and therefore create a bad impression in future while doing background check during applying for PR. Can someone who have faced the similar consequences educate me on this issue.
Which province?