+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to follow list - Moving after two years after soft landing

irwe

May 18, 2022
Can anyone please help me with information or any insights on how to import a car from the USA to Canada that is bought in the USA after the soft landing date in Canada?

I did a soft landing in Nov 2022 and I am planning to move permanently to Canada in Jan 2024 with my newly bought cars which are purchased after my soft landing in Nov 2022. On the soft landing, I haven't given any GTF form to the customs officer as I don't have any goods at that time that I want to declare, I just arrived in Canada for a soft landing and stayed only for a week. And now that I am planning to come to Canada in 2024 January, this time to actually live in Canada

1. can I submit a Goods To Follow (GTF) form again on my second arrival to Canada with all the goods I actually want to import into Canada including my new car?
  2. If so, can anyone help me with what the process will be and how much will it be costing? My vehicles are Tesla Model Y 2023 and Volvo S60 Recharge 2023

Anyone who had similar experiences please share if anyone has any information regarding this.

irwe

May 18, 2022
@irwe You can submit a revised list. See below a link from earlier post with many people confirming that they provided a revised list and it was accepted.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/goods-to-follow-list-moving-more-than-one-year-after-landing.711294/
Appreciate the response. I did look at the post and got to know that yes we can import our goods on the second arrival to Canada as well.

Any idea how much it will be costing me to import my vehicles from the USA to Canada? Would it be smart for me to import or sell the car in the USA and buy a new one in Canada?(I will lose money if i sell these cars cuz they're 2023 bought, but if importing is making me pay more then I guess selling is way to go for me). But before I make a decision if anyone can help me with how much would it cost for importing my Tesla Model Y 2023 and Volvo S60 Recharge 2023 into Canada that will be very much helpful.