+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gong from work permit to TRV?

naine

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,
I have tried to see if I could find answers to my query.

I am currently coming to the end of my IEC 2year work visa. I want to apply for a TRV, as I want to stay in the country but work online, not with Canadian employers just to note. I am a freelance graphic designer. I don't have any skilled work from being here and trying to find a job either with an LMIA or in the design area has been pretty hard. I have a canadian boyfriend here as well. I am from Ireland and have a sufficient funds to show that I am able to support myself. I am wondering about what to indicating how long do you plan to stay. I don't want to put down a too long a timeframe or too short. I'd like to live here and work digitally, and then down the line possibly able for residency through my partner.

Something I am querying is, if I do get approved for my TRV before my work visa expires do I need to still leave the country and re-enter or can I just stay in the country and acquire the visa stamp at an embassy.

Thank you for all your answers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

A TRV is an entry visa; it has nothing to do with status in Canada and being Irish, you can't even apply for one.

You need to apply to change conditions and extend your stay as a visitor. If approved, you will be sent a Visitor Record in the mail. There is no need to leave Canada and you do not get your passport stamped.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp