+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign work exp

Dec 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I didn’t show my work experience , when i applied for student visa .

But now i am going to apply express entry.

So now can i add my experience in express entry application

when I applied for my study permit, I didn't declare my work experience in my hometown cause I didn't realize it could be helpful. I didnt consider it of any importance to my study permit application.

Since I didn't declare my experience to CIC before, will it be treated as misinterpretation? I have all the proofs enough to prove my work experience.

Thanks again for your help

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi guys,

I didn’t show my work experience , when i applied for student visa .

But now i am going to apply express entry.

So now can i add my experience in express entry application

when I applied for my study permit, I didn't declare my work experience in my hometown cause I didn't realize it could be helpful. I didnt consider it of any importance to my study permit application.

Since I didn't declare my experience to CIC before, will it be treated as misinterpretation? I have all the proofs enough to prove my work experience.

Thanks again for your help
Nope, if IRCC exclusively didnt ask for the work experience documents or to disclose the work experience information when you applied for your study permit, then it is not needed and you can apply for Express entry without worrying

Dec 14, 2019
Yes, i found your reply very helpful, i am too worried , because people saying that it would be misrepresentation because you lied to cic in study and work permit applications...!!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Yes, i found your reply very helpful, i am too worried , bea
Dont be, its fine as i said you werent expected to declare the work experience in your study permit application as it has nothing to do with it and Canada allows people with work experience to study as it has nothing to do with whether you have worked or not
You are fine

Reactions: ishan_chaudhary
Dec 14, 2019
So ,you are giving me positive vibes.. i really appreciate.. and i have all the proofs to show my experience even if cic verifies that will be no problem at all..but whole issue is of not disclosing it before..so can you please guide me what should i write in letter of explanation ??

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This isn't an issue. Your decision to omit your work experience when applying for a study permit isn't misrepresentation and you can safely add it to your future applications.

Misrepresentation is omitting a "material fact". A material fact is a fact that would affect the outcome of your application. So, for example, if you lied about a visa refusal, or perhaps your criminal background on your prior application, that would have been misrepresentation because if you didn't lie, your visa would have been refused.

Your work experience was not really relevant to your study permit - unless for some weird reason it would have caused the officer to refuse your study permit.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
So ,you are giving me positive vibes.. i really appreciate.. and i have all the proofs to show my experience even if cic verifies that will be no problem at all..but whole issue is of not disclosing it before..so can you please guide me what should i write in letter of explanation ??
Nothing, you dont need a letter of explaination because there is nothing to explain here :). As 21Goose said this work experience didnt affect the outcome of the study permit because it wasnt important at all

Dec 14, 2019
And then i applied work permit.. i thought they just want canadian experience..so i added all my canadian work history..i studied and worked here..i was unaware that indian experience would have shown as well..do after getting positive vibes from you guys..i will be adding for express entry ..!!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
And then i applied work permit.. i thought they just want canadian experience..so i added all my canadian work history..i studied and worked here..i was unaware that indian experience would have shown as well..do after getting positive vibes from you guys..i will be adding for express entry ..!!
Go ahead and good luck

Dec 14, 2019
I just went to some lawyers to consult about it..they just demoralized me that it would be misrepresentation , cic have right to terminate your work permit, you are just adding for getting points..why did not you added it in prior applications bla bla..but you guys have just pumped up me

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just went to some lawyers to consult about it..they just demoralized me that it would be misrepresentation , cic have right to terminate your work permit, you are just adding for getting points..why did not you added it in prior applications bla bla..but you guys have just pumped up me
Well, let's be clear. I don't have the details of your specific case, so I can't say with 100% certainty whether you misrepresented or not. In general omitting non-material facts is not misrepresentation.

Here's the definition of misrep:

40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

• (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Now, as to whether the lawyers were trying to scare you, or whether they are giving you good advice depends on the facts of your case.

Dec 14, 2019
Lawyers said everything is fine..perfect letter and pay slips..my job which i have done...your experience is genuine.but the fact is that you did not tell cic about this experience in previous applications...only point of issue is you lied to cic..so you should not add it they suggested me...!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Lawyers said everything is fine..perfect letter and pay slips..my job which i have done...your experience is genuine.but the fact is that you did not tell cic about this experience in previous applications...only point of issue is you lied to cic..so you should not add it they suggested me...!!
Did you lie to IRCC? Give some details of this work experience that you didn't add before but you want to add now.

Dec 14, 2019
I came to Canada as a student in may 2017
I have foreign experience from march 2016 to april 2017
I have applied my study permit 3 months ago..so i have not completed my one year when i applied study permit and i think it is not relevant for study visa..so i did not add it..and then i got work permit at that time i think we have to add only Canadian experience..so i did not add. And now am eligible for Express entry..so i want to add it because i worked and i have all the documents to prove it..!!