+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole PGWP with expired TRV and implied status

Peace.zone

Dec 30, 2022
Hi everyone, anyone please let me know if I can FLAGPOLE to get PGWP with my valid passport but TRV is expired and also I am on maintained status waiting for the study permit extension. Previous study permit is expired but applied for extension before it expired. Luck was unfavorable because study completed but study permit extension still under process.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone, anyone please let me know if I can FLAGPOLE to get PGWP with my valid passport but TRV is expired and also I am on maintained status waiting for the study permit extension. Previous study permit is expired but applied for extension before it expired. Luck was unfavorable because study completed but study permit extension still under process.
If your TRV is expired and you try to flagpole, you may not be allowed back in

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Also, if you submit an application for PGWP when being on implied status, you won't be eligible to work until you get the approval for your PGWP.

Apr 7, 2024
@peacezone ,I have similar issue ,please can you share if you flagpoled eventually or what you did as I have similar issue as both study permit and visa has expired and I am on implied status ...please share your experience on how you got out of the situation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Naturgrl

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I posted it was ok with expired visa ,I don't know if expired study permit (implied status ) and visa together is ok that is why I want to know the experience ....
You can only do so with valid study permit through land border with USA. If your study permit is expired and trv, you can not flagpole. Why do you want to flagpole while you are under implied status?

Reactions: Christianachinenye