+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired visa and work permit

Apr 25, 2024
I am an international student and my studies is complete now and I am planning to apply for my pgwp. My husband is in spousal open work permit visa but his visa and work permit expired on 20th of April and now he is out of visa and status. We are waiting for our passport to reach to us because we sent them for renewal. It will take around 10 more days to reach to our place. What are the consequences of staying without visa and permit please let me know guys???? What should we do now?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am an international student and my studies is complete now and I am planning to apply for my pgwp. My husband is in spousal open work permit visa but his visa and work permit expired on 20th of April and now he is out of visa and status. We are waiting for our passport to reach to us because we sent them for renewal. It will take around 10 more days to reach to our place. What are the consequences of staying without visa and permit please let me know guys???? What should we do now?
So he is out of status. He should apply to restore his status as visitor asap. (before 90 days that he is out of status).
He cannot apply for any work/study permit until he has his status restored.

Not sure about you... depends on if you study permit has expired yet and when you finished your courses.