+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my parents (sponsers) bank statement have to reflect income?

Karkee

Apr 8, 2024
For context, I am 19.

I have my parents as sponsers. They have saved up some funds for my education, more than enough to cover my 2year study in Canada.

However the 1year old bank statement doesn't show the regular income on that account (because parents saved up a lump sump and never touched that account for daily transactions, rarely and only put the money in fd and back into savings).

I didn't include smaller savings of my dad and mom in other banks ( which they use daily)

The lump sum has been held for more than a year so I assure you that this isn't some fake amount borrowed for a day.

Karkee

Apr 8, 2024
So what is your question If they money is in their personal bank accounts.
Money is in their joint accounts.

The declared income is not reflected on that joint bank account. (Businesses have seperate accounts, agriculture and leases are mostly agreements taken in cash).

Does IRCC require full detailed proofs of my sponsers income? I believe cold hard liquid cash is what they are looking for and not income/property is what I am trying to ask.

This GCMS from one applicant is worrying me. Note that this applicant probably had a lump sump borrowed for a few days while mine been holding for 1+ year.
https://pasteboard.co/NMDviLBKfnVn.jpg

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Money is in their joint accounts.

The declared income is not reflected on that joint bank account. (Businesses have seperate accounts, agriculture and leases are mostly agreements taken in cash).

Does IRCC require full detailed proofs of my sponsers income? I believe cold hard liquid cash is what they are looking for and not income/property is what I am trying to ask.

This GCMS from one applicant is worrying me. Note that this applicant probably had a lump sump borrowed for a few days while mine been holding for 1+ year.
https://pasteboard.co/NMDviLBKfnVn.jpg
It can be in joint, personal accounts. Cannot be business accounts. Income is not POF. You have not borrowed money.