+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
So you will complete 15 months on March 10th. Give IRCC a call on March 11th and tell them that you completed the 15 month processing time. Hopefully that will help you as it did for me.
Hello,
My 15 month will be done on 7th March. What did you told the agent, I am planning to call them on 8th March.
And how soon did they responded to your application.
My application is stuck since May 2023. I have raised webform, call and even requested the notes but still no update. Some of my friends who applied in May got their oath ceremony request. Very frustrating!
Thank you

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello,
My 15 month will be done on 7th March. What did you told the agent, I am planning to call them on 8th March.
My application is stuck since May 2023. I have raised webform, call and even requested the notes but still no update. Some of my friends who applied in May got their oath ceremony request. Very frustrating!
Thank you
Tell them that 15 months are up and that you have not received any applications updates since May 2023.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello,
Thank you
Did you have you or family member do finger printing? If you did then 15 months rule is not applicable to you. Applicants who did finger printing will fall under non-routine category that means IRCC can take as many months they want to make decision. Mine is also December 2023 application. My LPP done on March 2nd but there is no date for oath and they may take few days or weeks or months since our application fall under non routine category.

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Did you have you or family member do finger printing? If you did then 15 months rule is not applicable to you. Applicants who did finger printing will fall under non-routine category that means IRCC can take as many months they want to make decision. Mine is also December 2023 application. My LPP done on March 2nd but there is no date for oath and they may take few days or weeks or months since our application fall under non routine category.
No, we did not receive any finger print request. And its just me and my daughter.

Ankit Jain

Aug 26, 2017
I got an update in my application. On February 29, they have marked everything as 'Completed'. Now I guess, the next step is an invitation for Oath. I am not sure if it helped or the process moved itself as it was nearing 15 months timeline but I had reached out to the MP and our MP has been regularly following up with IRCC. After the initial email response from IRCC to the MP's office, the MP's office again followed up and they were informed my file is non-routine (I got finger prints request) so the standard process timeline doesn't apply. Anyways, the file has now moved for me. Hope it does for you to @ZaraSamina.

PS: the standard processing time is now 14 months as per IRCC website.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I got an update in my application. On February 29, they have marked everything as 'Completed'. Now I guess, the next step is an invitation for Oath. I am not sure if it helped or the process moved itself as it was nearing 15 months timeline but I had reached out to the MP and our MP has been regularly following up with IRCC. After the initial email response from IRCC to the MP's office, the MP's office again followed up and they were informed my file is non-routine (I got finger prints request) so the standard process timeline doesn't apply. Anyways, the file has now moved for me. Hope it does for you to @ZaraSamina.

Mine has the same timeline like yours. Mine is also complete everything on Feb 29 but it gets updated on March 2 in my profile. Mine is also non routine file. I did not contact MP or any one. I just called one time during my processing time. I hope i will receive oath invitation soon.

Ankit Jain

Aug 26, 2017
Mine has the same timeline like yours. Mine is also complete everything on Feb 29 but it gets updated on March 2 in my profile. Mine is also non routine file. I did not contact MP or any one. I just called one time during my processing time. I hope i will receive oath invitation soon.
Good luck!

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017

Mine has the same timeline. Mine is also complete everything on Feb 29 but it gets updated on March 2 in my profile. Mine is also non routine file. I did not contact MP or any one. I just called one time during my processing time

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I spoke with an agent today regarding my application, actually two of agent.
The first one was not at all helpful he said my application is non routine and does not come under normal processing time.
But I called again and spoke to other agent she told me my application is not non-routine and have submitted an inquiry to look into my application including my daughter as it surpassed the processing time.
Does this inquiry help, i am planning to wait few days to hear back from them, if still no update then I’ll contact my local MP.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I spoke with an agent today regarding my application, actually two of agent.
The first one was not at all helpful he said my application is non routine and does not come under normal processing time.
But I called again and spoke to other agent she told me my application is not non-routine and have submitted an inquiry to look into my application including my daughter as it surpassed the processing time.
Does this inquiry help, i am planning to wait few days to hear back from them, if still no update then I’ll contact my local MP.
This means the agents use the non-routine tag randomly.