+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP - Re-evaluation - Year 2023

gmsurendra

Feb 6, 2023
Hi There

I did get a CELPIP score of W-10, R-9, L-9, S-8.
As everyone knows the last Speaking 8, is the bummer, I need a 9.
I did apply for the re-evaluation.

Date for Re-evaluation -- Feb-9-2023.

It is already 1 week past, and I don't have any response from CELPIP.

Do anyone have any timelines and success with re-evaluation recently?

Reactions: tfda

nautelus

Feb 17, 2023
Hello. The first time my score was L4 S3. Second time L(M) S5. How is this possible? I had a 3 month prep period before my second test and used their prep material. What can you recommend me in this situation? Thank you.

tfda

Feb 23, 2023
Hi There

I did get a CELPIP score of W-10, R-9, L-9, S-8.
As everyone knows the last Speaking 8, is the bummer, I need a 9.
I did apply for the re-evaluation.

Date for Re-evaluation -- Feb-9-2023.

It is already 1 week past, and I don't have any response from CELPIP.

Do anyone have any timelines and success with re-evaluation recently?
Did you get your results? I've asked for a re-evaluation on Feb 15th.... Still waiting.

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
I got my reevaluation score today 27. Feb from Feb.22 and my writing score increased 5>6.. Anyway I need to overoll 7.. I’m gonna retry… my score is L:8 R:8 S:7 W:5>6

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
Hi guys I took a celpip test again and I got L-10 R-9 W-6 S-6 ! I asked reevaluation again I hope I can get 7 both of them...

kcrey

Apr 6, 2023
Yes I did get them on Feb-17.
unfortunately no score increase though.

That's a bummer. I wonder what they are looking for in order to give a 9.

Had my 1st CELPIP test March 12 got L-10, R-9, W-9 , S-8. reapplied for reevaluation and got the results in 4 days. Speaking score did not change so I have to retake the exam.

Took another sitting last March 26 ,I got L-10, R-11 W-10, S-8 applied for re evaluation March 30- still waiting.

Last edited:

MAsPa

Jan 27, 2021
Took Celpip General test on 12 March, got results on 16 March L-11, R-12, W-8, S-10.
Applied for writing re-evaluation on same day and results received on 23 March, changed to 11.

If you are confident that the test went well go ahead and submit for re-evaluation. Listening and Reading tests are evaluated by computer so there is no scope for change. Writing and Speaking there is a chance because every evaluator has their own perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: rinda.philkhana

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Last year, I took a CELPIP test and got L-8, R-12, W-9, S-8, will expire mid of next year.

I just took another CELPIP test and I got L-11 R-11 W-8 S-7 (??). Ordered re-eval for my Speaking test.

There's so much variability in this test. I just hope that I get an ITA later this year so I can use the 1st score before it expires. Otherwise, I'd probably try my luck with IELTS

Last edited:
May 20, 2023
That's a bummer. I wonder what they are looking for in order to give a 9.

Had my 1st CELPIP test March 12 got L-10, R-9, W-9 , S-8. reapplied for reevaluation and got the results in 4 days. Speaking score did not change so I have to retake the exam.

Took another sitting last March 26 ,I got L-10, R-11 W-10, S-8 applied for re evaluation March 30- still waiting.
Hi Did your score increase? Thank You

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Everyone seems to be asking for Re-Evaluation. It seems test takers are not confident on their results.
I've never heard such a thing about IELTS. So my question is, why go for CELPIP instead of IELTS? Is the test fee significantly lesser or some other benefit?

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Everyone seems to be asking for Re-Evaluation. It seems test takers are not confident on their results.
I've never heard such a thing about IELTS. So my question is, why go for CELPIP instead of IELTS? Is the test fee significantly lesser or some other benefit?
More availability usually and its slightly cheaper

Also celpip's grading speaking and writing are not reliable.

Reactions: burl

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Last year, I took a CELPIP test and got L-8, R-12, W-9, S-8, will expire mid of next year.

I just took another CELPIP test and I got L-11 R-11 W-8 S-7 (??). Ordered re-eval for my Speaking test.

There's so much variability in this test. I just hope that I get an ITA later this year so I can use the 1st score before it expires. Otherwise, I'd probably try my luck with IELTS
Did re eval for both writing and speaking. Speaking got bumped to 8, writing remains