+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Mr_Waqas

May 19, 2020
I need urgent help.

I have created my profile for Canadian Experience Class in February, and at that time, I met the minimum requirement to be eligible to immigrate to Canada, which was a minimum 1 year of work experience and CELB score of 6. I started working for my current employer on May 30th, 2018, and my two years of work experience completes on May 29th, 2020. However, I received the ITA from recent draw on May 15th, 2020, even though there are still 9 more working days left (total of 14 days, including weekend and stats holiday) before my two years complete. Moreover, I work 40 paid hours a week (45 hours with a 1 hour of lunch break), which means I am already above the requirement of 1560 hours in a year by the CIC.

As when I submitted the express entry profile, the CIC website didn't ask for the exact start date of my job and on May 1st it automatically updated my score to 452. Last draw happened at the score of 447, now I am confused to what to do in this situation?

Here are my question;

1:- Should I accept the ITA, or should I not?

2:- Can I wait and accept the ITA after two weeks when my two years complete?

3:- What will be the adverse effects on my application if I accept the ITA?

4:- Will there be any adverse effects on my application if I reject the ITA, will I still receive another ITA if the following draw is also below 450?

There is no information available on CIC website regarding this. I contacted CIC help center and the person I spoke to said it should be fine but question is can I take his words and accept the ITA and what if he is wrong. I also, reached out to two different immigration lawyers, first one said I should reject the ITA and second lawyer said there is a 50/50 chance as it all depends on the Immigration Officer, as he quoted; "if the immigration officer is in a good mood they might not bother with 2 weeks issue but if the immigration officer is in bad mood then they can refuse the application and put a condition of false information even though its not my fault its the CIC system fault."

I'll appreciate any help in this matter.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
I need urgent help.

I have created my profile for Canadian Experience Class in February, and at that time, I met the minimum requirement to be eligible to immigrate to Canada, which was a minimum 1 year of work experience and CELB score of 6. I started working for my current employer on May 30th, 2018, and my two years of work experience completes on May 29th, 2020. However, I received the ITA from recent draw on May 15th, 2020, even though there are still 9 more working days left (total of 14 days, including weekend and stats holiday) before my two years complete. Moreover, I work 40 paid hours a week (45 hours with a 1 hour of lunch break), which means I am already above the requirement of 1560 hours in a year by the CIC.

As when I submitted the express entry profile, the CIC website didn't ask for the exact start date of my job and on May 1st it automatically updated my score to 452. Last draw happened at the score of 447, now I am confused to what to do in this situation?

Here are my question;

1:- Should I accept the ITA, or should I not?

2:- Can I wait and accept the ITA after two weeks when my two years complete?

3:- What will be the adverse effects on my application if I accept the ITA?

4:- Will there be any adverse effects on my application if I reject the ITA, will I still receive another ITA if the following draw is also below 450?

There is no information available on CIC website regarding this. I contacted CIC help center and the person I spoke to said it should be fine but question is can I take his words and accept the ITA and what if he is wrong. I also, reached out to two different immigration lawyers, first one said I should reject the ITA and second lawyer said there is a 50/50 chance as it all depends on the Immigration Officer, as he quoted; "if the immigration officer is in a good mood they might not bother with 2 weeks issue but if the immigration officer is in bad mood then they can refuse the application and put a condition of false information even though its not my fault its the CIC system fault."

I'll appreciate any help in this matter.
I have seen this question many times. The most common answer is that you should wait until May 29 to complete your 2 years exp and submit your application. You can prepare your documents during this time. There would not be any effects on your application as you already met the minimum requirement for CEC at the moment you received ITA. You only need to wait a little more to be safe on the 2 years exp. Don’t worry.

Mr_Waqas

May 19, 2020
I have seen this question many times. The most common answer is that you should wait until May 29 to complete your 2 years exp and submit your application. You can prepare your documents during this time. There would not be any effects on your application as you already met the minimum requirement for CEC at the moment you received ITA. You only need to wait a little more to be safe on the 2 years exp. Don’t worry.
I have a followup question;

So my points with 1 year work experience is 427 and with 2 year work experience is 452. The draw happened on May 15th was at 447. Will the immigration officer object on this that when I got the ITA I only had a 1 year 11 months and 16 days work experience and based on that my points were less than 447? And if he'll not object then should I wait till May 29th or later before accepting the ITA? Correct me if I'm wrong, there is a time available I guess 45 days to accept or refuse the ITA.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
I have a followup question;

So my points with 1 year work experience is 427 and with 2 year work experience is 452. The draw happened on May 15th was at 447. Will the immigration officer object on this that when I got the ITA I only had a 1 year 11 months and 16 days work experience and based on that my points were less than 447? And if he'll not object then should I wait till May 29th or later before accepting the ITA? Correct me if I'm wrong, there is a time available I guess 45 days to accept or refuse the ITA.
You can submit your application by May 29th. If you want to wait more, it’s totally up to you but not necessary. Many people on this forum have done the same, do some research and you will see their post. You have 90 days to submit your application.

Reactions: Mr_Waqas

Mr_Waqas

May 19, 2020
You can submit your application by May 29th. If you want to wait more, it’s totally up to you but not necessary. Many people on this forum have done the same, do some research and you will see their post. You have 90 days to submit your application.
Thank you so much for your help.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Hello everyone, I have a very recent situation. as everyone is aware of increase in fees for express entry and needed to be paid as two payments.
the situation with me is that, I paid my fees and submitted my file before paying the increased payment of $285. after second payment I got payment receipt as pdf that I needs to submit in my optional documents section.
as I already submitted my file, where do I submit my payment receipt. please help me if anyone has any idea.
You can update that info using web form. Here’s the link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I used the same link to upload it and then CIC will mail you that they have updated it on your profile as well.

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys!

I got denied of US Tourist Visa in 2011 but I reapplied and got the tourist visa in 2012.

I have a questions pertaining to this:

1. "Has X been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

2. Has X ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

For question #1, is my answer should be YES?
For question #2, is my answer should be YES as well? (since its just the same question as #1)

So confused with both of the questions. In my opinion, I think both of the questions have the same meaning. Kindly enlighten me.

Thanks in advanced!

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hello guys!

I got denied of US Tourist Visa in 2011 but I reapplied and got the tourist visa in 2012.

I have a questions pertaining to this:

1. "Has X been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

2. Has X ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

For question #1, is my answer should be YES?
For question #2, is my answer should be YES as well? (since its just the same question as #1)

So confused with both of the questions. In my opinion, I think both of the questions have the same meaning. Kindly enlighten me.

Thanks in advanced!
You should answer Yes to both. Explanation is the same.

Reactions: Blairxxx

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
You should answer Yes to both. Explanation is the same.
Thank you so much.

So I answered all of the post ITA questions and some of the documents required is proof of funds.

I got an ITA under CEC - Express Entry. Do they require POF for CEC now?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Thank you so much.

So I answered all of the post ITA questions and some of the documents required is proof of funds.

I got an ITA under CEC - Express Entry. Do they require POF for CEC now?
No. CEC applicants are not required to provide proof of fund. Just attach a LOE saying that you are invited under CEC program. That’s what I did.

Reactions: Blairxxx

wizzyfc

Sep 21, 2019
Hi everyone, i have a quick question. Does a spouse living in Nigeria has to evaluate his education if he is accompanying the PA.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi everyone, i have a quick question. Does a spouse living in Nigeria has to evaluate his education if he is accompanying the PA.
If you want to claim CRS points for his education, you have to get his education evaluated. If you don’t claim any points, you don’t need to.