+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Citizenship for my children.

Raj-Newbie

Oct 11, 2019
I am in the process of applying for Canada Citizenship as I completed 1095 days recently. However, my family, ie my wife and my two children still must complete 300+ days to reach 1095 days mark. Is there anything I can apply for them too along with me? Both my children are minors, one is 16 years and another is 12 years old. Please guide.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in the process of applying for Canada Citizenship as I completed 1095 days recently. However, my family, ie my wife and my two children still must complete 300+ days to reach 1095 days mark. Is there anything I can apply for them too along with me? Both my children are minors, one is 16 years and another is 12 years old. Please guide.
According to this, your minors do not have to hit the 1095 days mark as long as applying at same time with you. I think that means you all have to apply on paper.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

Note, this does not apply to your spouse, only minors.

Raj-Newbie

Oct 11, 2019
@abbas.pasha @armoured
Thank you for the guidance.

For language proof for Canada citizenship, can I submit my English medium bachelor's degree certificate obtained in India or I need to do fresh IELTS or CELPIP? Please let me know.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha @armoured
Thank you for the guidance.

For language proof for Canada citizenship, can I submit my English medium bachelor's degree certificate obtained in India or I need to do fresh IELTS or CELPIP? Please let me know.
Refer Question 15 https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language This link usually is used when applicants are applying on paper. The order of the question on the online application may differ slightly, but it is essentially the same.

Indian degree's will not be accepted unless the degree or a letter from the university specifically says language of instruction was in English

If you have submitted IELTS during PR you can use that even if it is expired

Raj-Newbie

Oct 11, 2019
@abbas.pasha , Thank you so much.

In my kids citizenship filing, there is question as follows

"Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more (2 years or more) in the past five (5) years or since becoming a permanent resident?"

My family, including kids, first landed in on Dec 2 , 2021 on which their PR started , since then they haven't left Canada.

Past 5 years to be considered , before they joining me, they were outside Canada for more than 730 days. Just wondering what to answer Yes or No.

please guide.

Reactions: Buletruck

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

"Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more (2 years or more) in the past five (5) years or since becoming a permanent resident?"

My family, including kids, first landed in on Dec 2 , 2021 on which their PR started , since then they haven't left Canada.

Past 5 years to be considered , before they joining me, they were outside Canada for more than 730 days. Just wondering what to answer Yes or No.

please guide.
I am not well versed with the online application tbh, maybe other members can suggest their feedback who have answered the question

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022

please guide.
You need to answer " YES" and write " Lived in the country of origin immediately before establishing PR in Canada." (something like this) if the condition applies to you (total days count more than 730), if not "NO"

The Physical presence for children under 5(2) doesn't apply, and hence, it will not affect the application process. It is better to declare the truth.

Last edited: