+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can voluntering be called having job experience?

Spy

Sep 30, 2006
Hi, I'm currently a student of a bible school in Canada. When I took the test as skilled worker on the web I got confused about working experience. Officially, I don't have any working experience because you are not allowed to work while you are study in Canada (Not all). So what I do is I am voluntering, I've been a musician in a church for about 4 years without getting paid, I've been voluntering as Paper Courier for about 2 years too. So, can I consider it as working experience?

Or can I consider it as co-Op because my field of study is religion even though there is no official letter from the school about that but I can ask the church to get me the letter. Does anybody can help me? Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Spy said:
Hi, I'm currently a student of a bible school in Canada. When I took the test as skilled worker on the web I got confused about working experience. Officially, I don't have any working experience because you are not allowed to work while you are study in Canada (Not all). So what I do is I am voluntering, I've been a musician in a church for about 4 years without getting paid, I've been voluntering as Paper Courier for about 2 years too. So, can I consider it as working experience?

Or can I consider it as co-Op because my field of study is religion even though there is no official letter from the school about that but I can ask the church to get me the letter. Does anybody can help me? Thank You
No and No, since neither job is paid or is in NOC skill A, B or O.
Volunteering as a paper courier? Not getting paid?, right.

PMM

Spy

Sep 30, 2006
Is there any idea on how to apply for immigrant status while my field of study is "non profit organization" or religious study? Thanks