+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can sponser or no ?

sa3baalhaya

Dec 8, 2007
hi all
its nice to know peopl here share information about the defferent situation , i was searching such this sites for long time .
hope ill find answer to my question .
i am living in arabic country i got married few months ago and my wife now in canada and i am in my country , she dont work and she dont have her own house .
can she sponser me ? and what if she send me invitation letter and i go try to get visa from the embbassy in my country , they will give me denied or its possible maybe ill got the visa and can go visit my wife ?

wish someone give me information about this , and best wishes for you all .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sa3baalhaya said:
hi all
its nice to know peopl here share information about the defferent situation , i was searching such this sites for long time .
hope ill find answer to my question .
i am living in arabic country i got married few months ago and my wife now in canada and i am in my country , she dont work and she dont have her own house .
can she sponser me ? and what if she send me invitation letter and i go try to get visa from the embbassy in my country , they will give me denied or its possible maybe ill got the visa and can go visit my wife ?

wish someone give me information about this , and best wishes for you all .
1. Yes she can sponsor as long as you didn't marry before she "landed", is not on welfare, and hasn't sponsored a spouse in 3 years. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp
2. The chances of you getting a TRV to visit Canada is close to nil, as your intention is to remain permanently. So your wife will have to sponsor you.

PMM

sa3baalhaya

Dec 8, 2007
ok , but she dont work and live with her sister , they will not refded the application for sponser ?
and if she can sponser me , how many month take ? i read in site 6 month , is this true ?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For sposoring a spouse a Canadian spouse does not need to work (other terms are mentioned in the post above). However, it's better if she works.

How long it'll take you can look at here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in Africa and the Middle East
80% of cases finalized in:
6 -15 months.