+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can not relative sponsor you?

Spy

Sep 30, 2006
Hi, I'm living with my friend and his family right now (they are native Canadian).And he said to me that he want to support me to get a permanent status in Canada. He's willing to be my guarantor if needed.

Is it possible for not relative to support other person? If not, is there something that he can do to help me immigrate to Canada? Can it be called Common-Law partner because I'm working with him but for free? Thank you :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Spy said:
Hi, I'm living with my friend and his family right now (they are native Canadian).And he said to me that he want to support me to get a permanent status in Canada. He's willing to be my guarantor if needed.

Is it possible for not relative to support other person? If not, is there something that he can do to help me immigrate to Canada? Can it be called Common-Law partner because I'm working with him but for free? Thank you :)
No, do you know what the definition of common/law partner is?

see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op02e.pdf section 6

PMM

Spy

Sep 30, 2006
Wow thanks for the definition.

By the way Is there something that my friend and his family can do to help me? Thanks again :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Spy said:
Wow thanks for the definition.

By the way Is there something that my friend and his family can do to help me? Thanks again :)
No, I suggest that you read www.cic.gc.ca and then take the assessment under skilled worker to see if you qualify.

PMM