+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get my wife to canada In jan 2007?

sami

Oct 5, 2006
Dear friends,

Currently I am on my student visa in canada @ Seneca College. I am on my second co-op work term in toronto. I am getting married in december 2006. Accoding to the information that i collected it seems that I can get my spouse to canada with me in JAn 2007. But I would like to know what is the procedure and documentation requirements.

Secondly can she apply fow work permit while i am on my co-op which ends on April 2007? If yes, then how long does it take? Can she get her work permit at the port of entry?

I'll apprciate the response to my questions.
thanks
sami.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sami said:
Dear friends,

Currently I am on my student visa in canada @ Seneca College. I am on my second co-op work term in toronto. I am getting married in december 2006. Accoding to the information that i collected it seems that I can get my spouse to canada with me in JAn 2007. But I would like to know what is the procedure and documentation requirements.

1. Your wife would have to apply for TRV if she is not visa exempt, proof of marriage, proof of funds to support herself, probably would require a medical, see: web site of office where she intends to apply.

Secondly can she apply fow work permit while i am on my co-op which ends on April 2007? If yes, then how long does it take? Can she get her work permit at the port of entry?

She can apply for an open work permit if you are a full time student as defined: see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf page 40.

I'll apprciate the response to my questions.
thanks
sami.
PMM