+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PGWP but didn't receive WP-EXT

Ness86

Jan 13, 2024
Even I'm having same problem. Applied for PGWP but haven't received WP-ext letter. Some of my batchmates who applied for PGWP has received letter on same day itself. For me, it's been a week now. No updates. If anyone has idea. , Pls let know. Thanks
Did you receive the WP-EXT letter? Please let me know how do you solve it. Thank you!

Darshan2121

Dec 29, 2023
I contacted the IRCC agent, and she emailed me the below information:

Working while waiting for the post graduate work permit

You may be allowed to work full-time in Canada if you are waiting for a decision on your post graduate work permit (PGWP) application and you:

• Had a valid study permit when you submitted your application,
  • Completed your program of study, and
  • Were eligible to work off campus without a work permit while studying and you didn’t work more hours than you were allowed to.
If these conditions don’t apply to you, you must wait until your work permit arrives to begin your new job. It’s illegal to work in Canada without authorization.

If these conditions apply to you and you need to show a potential employer that you’re allowed to work, you can do so by providing them a copy ofall of the following documents:

• Proof that you completed your program(s) of study, such as:
    • the official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program, or
    • an official transcript or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website,
  • A copy of your study permit:
    • to be allowed to work right away, your permit should say: “May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria per paragraph R186(f), (v) or (w); must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria”,
  • A copy of the acknowledgement of receipt from your PGWP application, if you applied online:
    • to be allowed to work right away, the acknowledgement of receipt must have been received before your study permit expired.
You can use these documents to work only until a decision is made on your PGWP application.

If your application for a PGWP is rejected or refused, you need to stop working the day we notify you of the rejection or refusal.

Reactions: Ness86

Pinky_p

Oct 14, 2021
Hello I have same problem. On 15th jan I applied for pgwp and I received 2 confirmation mail, but not received WP-EXT letter which is people generally get within one day . What should I do ? Can I work full time or should I raise webform?

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Hello I have same problem. On 15th jan I applied for pgwp and I received 2 confirmation mail, but not received WP-EXT letter which is people generally get within one day . What should I do ? Can I work full time or should I raise webform?
What about UCI, is it updated? I applied on Jan 13 no updates yet.

Pinky_p

Oct 14, 2021
Hello I have same problem. On 15th jan I applied for pgwp and I received 2 confirmation mail, but not received WP-EXT letter which is people generally get within one day . What should I do ? Can I work full time or should I raise webform
What about UCI, is it updated? I applied on Jan 13 no updates yet.
No. UCI number is not showing

Reactions: Aigletun

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Hello I have same problem. On 15th jan I applied for pgwp and I received 2 confirmation mail, but not received WP-EXT letter which is people generally get within one day . What should I do ? Can I work full time or should I raise webform

No. UCI number is not showing
Working while we process your application
You can work full-time until we make a decision on your work permit application if you

• had a valid study permit when you submitted your application
  • completed your study program
  • were eligible to work off campus without a work permit while studying and you didn’t work more hours than you were allowed to

Shayini

Jan 29, 2024
Hi, I have applied my PGWP on 20th January 2024, following to that received the Submission confirmation. However I did not receive the WP-EXT letter. It's been 2 weeks. is it normal?

Ness86

Jan 13, 2024
Hi, I have applied my PGWP on 20th January 2024, following to that received the Submission confirmation. However I did not receive the WP-EXT letter. It's been 2 weeks. is it normal?
You can report a Technical Issue and then they will send you the letter.

Aigletun

Jan 24, 2024
Same situation here ! I am not able to work because the condition “can work on or off campus “ was not present on my study permit .