+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am i qualify for visiting visa?

simply_weet

Nov 8, 2007
hi im a residence in the phillippines 29years of age female and i just want to ask question if i am qualified for visiting visa in canada? almost half of my fathers brother and sisters are now a residence of canada for more than 25years. I have my own house and lot here in the phils, a car and a motor im married to my exhusband but i never used his surname on my passport coz after we get married last 2004 we broke up but not yet annulned i also have a 3 years old baby girl what i want is to visit my relatives there coz some of my cousins we havent meet in person only to at the internet, is it possible if i can go and visit them? i can prove to them that i will come back because i have a baby left here. should i need a money in the bank? even my auntie will be the one to sponsor me for my tourist visa? thanks and more power

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi simply_weet

First you should contact the Canadian Consulate in Manilla to confirm if you require a Letter of Invitation (LOI) from a relative in Canada and if that letter needs to be notarised. At the same time ask for a Temporary Resident Visa application form to be sent to you (this form allows you to apply for a tourist visa).

If you require the LOI, your auntie needs to write that letter for you, have it notarised if necessary, and then send it to you to include with your application for the TRV.

The details your auntie needs to include on the letter can be found on the CIC website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/visit/letter.asp.

I understand you will also need to show proof of your intention to return to the Philippines and the TRV form should tell you what evidence you will need to provide.

Hope this helps.