+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Express Entry Stream - Family Ties - AAIP - 21311

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi, I have come back to this forum after a long time. I heard there are recent changes to the AAIP and there is an allocation of 25% nominations for those with family ties in Alberta. Can anyone please explain to me what will be my chances if I apply, my current CRS score if 320 with siblings in Alberta. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have come back to this forum after a long time. I heard there are recent changes to the AAIP and there is an allocation of 25% nominations for those with family ties in Alberta. Can anyone please explain to me what will be my chances if I apply, my current CRS score if 320 with siblings in Alberta. Thank you!
So you say if you apply? You don’t have an EE profile selecting Alberta? It is also based on whether your NOC is selected too. So no one can tell you your chances. That 25% allocation has been place for all of 2023.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Select Alberta in your EE profile. Draws are based on CRS score, NOC selected, family connections, job offer etc.
I don't have a job offer, only family connection will land me a nomination? I couldn't find people sharing their experiences for this stream.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
If a tech NOC, and your employer meets all eligibility requirements then LMIA not required.
21311 - Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) is my NOC, is it considered a tech NOC? also, how do I know if the employer is eligible since I will need to look for an employer, but no employer wants to go through LMIA process. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am aware of this website. LMIA information is under "Accelerated Tech Pathway", and not under the "Family Connection". For the family connection sub-category, they have only mentioned legitimate job offer.
Not sure what more information you want that is not on the website. Nothing to do with family connection.

You may be invited to submit an application if:

• you meet the Minimum requirements of the Alberta Express Entry Stream set out above
  • you are working full-time in Alberta under an employment contract or have a bona fide job offer for full-time employment based in Alberta (full-time is a minimum 30 hours per week), signed by you and your employer that:
  • you have valid immigration status (work permit or implied status), if you are working in Alberta for your Alberta employer at the time of AAIP application
  • the primary occupation in your Express Entry profile is the same occupation as your current Alberta employment or job offer
The following individuals are not eligible to apply for or be nominated under the Accelerated Tech Pathway, even if they are working for an eligible Alberta employer in an eligible tech occupation or have a job offer to work 30 hours a week or more in a 12-month or greater period:

• part-time, casual or seasonal employees, regardless of their working hours
  • independent contractors or temporary agency workers
  • employees who do not work in Alberta, such as those who work online from a location outside Alberta or who work at a premises outside of Alberta
You may be less likely to be asked to submit an application if your Express Entry profile expires in 3 months or less.

It is recommended you keep your Express Entry profile up to date so that you remain eligible for consideration under the Accelerated Tech Pathway in the future.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Not sure what more information you want that is not on the website. Nothing to do with family connection.

You may be invited to submit an application if:

• you meet the Minimum requirements of the Alberta Express Entry Stream set out above
  • you are working full-time in Alberta under an employment contract or have a bona fide job offer for full-time employment based in Alberta (full-time is a minimum 30 hours per week), signed by you and your employer that:
  • you have valid immigration status (work permit or implied status), if you are working in Alberta for your Alberta employer at the time of AAIP application
  • the primary occupation in your Express Entry profile is the same occupation as your current Alberta employment or job offer
The following individuals are not eligible to apply for or be nominated under the Accelerated Tech Pathway, even if they are working for an eligible Alberta employer in an eligible tech occupation or have a job offer to work 30 hours a week or more in a 12-month or greater period:

• part-time, casual or seasonal employees, regardless of their working hours
  • independent contractors or temporary agency workers
  • employees who do not work in Alberta, such as those who work online from a location outside Alberta or who work at a premises outside of Alberta
You may be less likely to be asked to submit an application if your Express Entry profile expires in 3 months or less.

It is recommended you keep your Express Entry profile up to date so that you remain eligible for consideration under the Accelerated Tech Pathway in the future.
Under Family Connection, there is a line which says "Priority may be given to candidates with a verifiable Alberta job offer from a legitimate, established and verifiable business in Alberta.", I was referring to this job offer if it requires an LMIA.