+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Path Way PR Timelines -2023

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to this group. I have submitted my tech pathway application in March 2024. My express entry score is 474, and working in Calgary as full time(Job code 21231 – Software engineers and designers). While checking the alberta.ca website, i couldn't find details of any nomination sent for techpathway in 2023, and there is none till now in 2024. but they says 45% is allocated to Techpathway stream. I am totally confused. With my score what are the chances of getting a Alberta nomination?
As far as i know they don't mention alberta tech pathway draws because they do not conduct regular draws for tech. Score does not effect on it. Mine score was 410 and got approved pnp so according to that you should be fine. As long as you employer is eligible under tech with valid naics and you have job offer letter with same noc code, it should be fine. And this is half of the year so nominations are still remaining for the year. Normally nominations quotas get full after sep or Oct. As per the website they are still processing files before 12 january 2024 and processing time is around 6 months now so you should wait couple of months

Ebison Mathew

May 4, 2024
As far as i know they don't mention alberta tech pathway draws because they do not conduct regular draws for tech. Score does not effect on it. Mine score was 410 and got approved pnp so according to that you should be fine. As long as you employer is eligible under tech with valid naics and you have job offer letter with same noc code, it should be fine. And this is half of the year so nominations are still remaining for the year. Normally nominations quotas get full after sep or Oct
Thank you for the reply. Its a sigh of releief. Scores does not affect? Means they evaluate tech pathway applications with different criteria other than scores? I heard the cutoff scores are high now days. Did you receive the nomination recently? And was there any additional supporting elements with your application like sibling in canada/french language, etc. ?

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you for the reply. Its a sigh of releief. Scores does not affect? Means they evaluate tech pathway applications with different criteria other than scores? I heard the cutoff scores are high now days. Did you receive the nomination recently? And was there any additional supporting elements with your application like sibling in canada/french language, etc. ?
I got my pnp in feb 2024 and got my PR recently. No as long as you are above 400, it should be good and i don't have any siblings in canada, no french language either

Ebison Mathew

May 4, 2024
I got my pnp in feb 2024 and got my PR recently. No as long as you are above 400, it should be good and i don't have any siblings in canada, no french language either
Sorry to bother you again:) when did you submit your tech pathway application? Just want understand about the average processing time.

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Sorry to bother you again:) when did you submit your tech pathway application? Just want understand about the average processing time.
i submiited pnp in starting of oct 2023 and got it on 12 Feb 2024 but at that time processing time was 4 months but it think on the website it is now 6 months

Ebison Mathew

May 4, 2024
i submiited pnp in starting of oct 2023 and got it on 12 Feb 2024 but at that time processing time was 4 months but it think on the website it is now 6 months
Thank you for providing accurate information. Various individuals offer disparate and sometimes contradictory responses based on hearsay. Your answers, informed by personal experience, offer clarity and it really help me.

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you for providing accurate information. Various individuals offer disparate and sometimes contradictory responses based on hearsay. Your answers, informed by personal experience, offer clarity and it really help me.
No problem. If you have any other question just let me know any time :)

SaranyaMadhusudhan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2023
Just to make it clear for others, minimum CRS requirement is 300.

Pls go through the eligibility requirements here https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility

Also, there are no "draws" conducted for nominations. The applications are evaluated individually. The draws happen when they want to "Invite" someone to Apply for it. So, this comes into picture for the ITA from EE. Since we express interest in the stream ourselves, there is no "invite" or "draw" concepts.

Last edited:
Reactions: soniadevi123

KPR1

Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone, assuming that everyone in this thread has applied for a PR or are going to apply for PR, can someone help me the reference letter format? I am not sure how long it should be and other than the info about my job, is there anything I need to include saying I enjoyed working there or something like that?

soniadevi123

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone, assuming that everyone in this thread has applied for a PR or are going to apply for PR, can someone help me the reference letter format? I am not sure how long it should be and other than the info about my job, is there anything I need to include saying I enjoyed working there or something like that?
What's you telegram. I can send consultant format there which I received from my consultant if you want. Not giving an option to upload here

Reactions: KPR1