+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice

Sep 19, 2006
Beirut
Hello..

I am a 22 years old female, christian Lebanese. I hold a BA in graphic design, and have 3 years of experience including part time jobs and free lance (while in Uni).
Since the latest happenings in my country, design firms are cutting down or relocating in the arab gulf and it's been really hard to make a living. Also, i have been wanting to try my luck abroad for a while now...

I've never been to Canada, but a lot of my friends have, i would have a place to stay in Montreal (not with relatives) , but i need to know what if would be like over there.. and if i apply as a skilled worker, do i have a chance of getting my visa anytime in 2007? Some people told me i better apply as a student (since i intend to get a masters degree sooner or later - but i can't afford to pay my tuitions if i don't work first..). So i guess that i need some advice here, what would the best way to get me there be? And furthermore, are foreign graphic designers *needed as skilled workers in Canada? Are there any designers out here willing to share their experience? I would really appreciate any enlightenment.
Cheers
Elyse

mikeramma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
hey
i am lebanese too, if u applied for the skilled worker then u will wait about 4 -5 years to get it so i advice to apply for the student visa , i am sure that u will get it