+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About TUBERCULOSIS

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
Hello,

I wasnt aware about my wifes past tb condition as her family lied about it to me for some reason they know best. Hence i declared no past tb history in her student visa application form.

After medical they have seen scarring and have instructed for sputum and xray after 3 mths as well as a ct scan.

The consulting doctor said that since she doesnt have past history and if he sees any scarring on ct scan he will put her on medication.

However after consulting outside doctor they have strictly advised against medication as the tb isnt active.

What should i do ? Should i go back n tell the truth or is there some other option as we are stuck now.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I wasnt aware about my wifes past tb condition as her family lied about it to me for some reason they know best. Hence i declared no past tb history in her student visa application form.

After medical they have seen scarring and have instructed for sputum and xray after 3 mths as well as a ct scan.

The consulting doctor said that since she doesnt have past history and if he sees any scarring on ct scan he will put her on medication.

However after consulting outside doctor they have strictly advised against medication as the tb isnt active.

What should i do ? Should i go back n tell the truth or is there some other option as we are stuck now.

Thank you.
You send in a webform indicating that you hadn’t been aaarebbut your spouse has had TB. Would also contact the doctor and also tell them that she has had TB

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
You send in a webform indicating that you hadn’t been aaarebbut your spouse has had TB. Would also contact the doctor and also tell them that she has had TB

Thank you.
How can i send the webform ?

Also if i do this, will they reject my application? Sorry for the repeating questions. Just worried as have invested a lot of time in the process.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.
How can i send the webform ?

Also if i do this, will they reject my application? Sorry for the repeating questions. Just worried as have invested a lot of time in the process.

Thank you
There is a better chance that they reject her application because she has some severe lung condition and/or send her for more expensive tests that are unnecessary. Webform links or on IRCC page. I would also contact your panel doctor. The earlier you admit that there was a a error the better.

aamirlatif23

Nov 14, 2023
There is a better chance that they reject her application because she has some severe lung condition and/or send her for more expensive tests that are unnecessary. Webform links or on IRCC page. I would also contact your panel doctor. The earlier you admit that there was a a error the better.

Thank you so much for the detailed response.

kt2701

Mar 20, 2024
I also want your help @canuck78 Plesse advise me if i am sputum negative then why i have to wait for 3 months to get my 2nd x ray? I was diagnosed with this tb back in 2017. In current xray they saw traces of it and then they asked me to do sputum test. It came negative but they are asking to wait 3months of time for 2nd xray