+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about the grade of medical exam

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Dont worry, I had elevated creatinine-protein on my remed recently. Was on b grade and passed medicals...did you request your full medical report from the clinic? My physician noted that I had no kidney issues in the past and that my physical exam that he conducted also didn't indicate any signs of a kidney disease
Hello, I am in a similar situation, serum creatinine 102 umol/L (reference range 60 ~ 110), but eGFR is 83 and was indicated possible CKD. I have not done an other medical exam. May I ask, what was your serum creatinine level and you mentioned about protein, was it also detected in your urine in the first medical exam or second exam?

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
Hello, I am in a similar situation, serum creatinine 102 umol/L (reference range 60 ~ 110), but eGFR is 83 and was indicated possible CKD. I have not done an other medical exam. May I ask, what was your serum creatinine level and you mentioned about protein, was it also detected in your urine in the first medical exam or second exam?
Hey man in similar situation. Let me know if your medicals pass. My egfr is 88

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
I have not passed my medicals and I would still be sent to do some extra test.

However, I contacted the doctor a few days after the exam, and did a bit of research on CKD. The doctor gave me Grade A as there is no obnormality in urine test which could indicate CKD, specifically blood, protein, and glucose should not be in the urine.

Quoted from this website refered by IRCC, \url{https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/practitioner-professional-resources/bc-guidelines/chronic-kidney-disease}: (eGFR) "Values of > 60 mL/min per 1.73m2 without other markers of kidney disease (albuminuria, hematuria, structural abnormalities) do not indicate CKD"

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
I have not passed my medicals and I would still be sent to do some extra test.

However, I contacted the doctor a few days after the exam, and did a bit of research on CKD. The doctor gave me Grade A as there is no obnormality in urine test which could indicate CKD, specifically blood, protein, and glucose should not be in the urine.

Quoted from this website refered by IRCC, \url{https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/practitioner-professional-resources/bc-guidelines/chronic-kidney-disease}: (eGFR) "Values of > 60 mL/min per 1.73m2 without other markers of kidney disease (albuminuria, hematuria, structural abnormalities) do not indicate CKD"
Why would you be sent then? if you got Grade A then it will pass the medicals right?? I am so confused @ndoan95

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Why would you be sent then? if you got Grade A then it will pass the medicals right?? I am so confused @ndoan95
I am saying that because I do not know what would happen next, and my application is still under processing. The decision is with the medical official and Grade A is only the recommendation either from the system or the panel physician. Being Grade A is just less worse I think :).

Last edited:

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
I am saying that because I do not know what would happen next, and my application is still under processing. The decision is with the medical official and Grade A is only the recommendation either from the system or the panel physician. Being Grade A is just less worse I think :).

You have not got MEP yet? you submitted on Aug 31?? @ndoan95

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Dear @canuck78, sorry to bother you, would it be possible for you to comment on furtherence medical tests for candidates with medicals graded A, specifically because of eGFR=83, which should be >= 90?

Last edited:

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Why would a medical graded A get a furtherance?? I am still not getting it.
In a previous post of mine, I said that my medical reports show eGFR=83 and a note "reduced kidney function", that was the reason I am worried for a furtherance, although I got my medicals graded A.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
In a previous post of mine, I said that my medical reports show eGFR=83 and a note "reduced kidney function", that was the reason I am worried for a furtherance, although I got my medicals graded A.
Oh okay so your panel physician added a note, gotcha. Well dont worry bro. You'll be fine. Lets hope for the best. Do keep us updated

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
My egfr is 88, thats also low right??
[/QUOTE]
You can check to make sure your eGFR is calculated using the CKD-EPI 2021 equation: https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/3939/ckd-epi-equations-glomerular-filtration-rate-gfr, that is what required by IRCC in this manual https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#diabetes-hypertension-renal-cardiac-diseases.

My eGFR (83) in the report was computed using the 2012 equation, but for the 2021 equation it is 86. So for some reason, if your eGFR was also computed using the 2012 equation, then you may have a much higher eGFR under the 2021 equation. In any case, eGFR>=90 is very good, so your current eGFR is basically good.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
My egfr is 88, thats also low right??
You can check to make sure your eGFR is calculated using the CKD-EPI 2021 equation: https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/3939/ckd-epi-equations-glomerular-filtration-rate-gfr, that is what required by IRCC in this manual https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#diabetes-hypertension-renal-cardiac-diseases.

My eGFR (83) in the report was computed using the 2012 equation, but for the 2021 equation it is 86. So for some reason, if your eGFR was also computed using the 2012 equation, then you may have a much higher eGFR under the 2021 equation. In any case, eGFR>=90 is very good, so your current eGFR is basically good.
[/QUOTE]

I checked the report so 88 is by MDRD and 103 by CKD-EPI 2021. Not sure why they did not send 103 and instead shows 88 which is the MDRD one.
What is your MDRD one?

Ziannnnn

Mar 28, 2024
I have been Grade B in my Xray . And the comments recommended for CT . but i don't receive email from IRCC to do additional medical