+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Sad Mom

Jane York

Oct 4, 2007
To all you readers out there, if you can help me I would be so greatful. I am a Canadian Citizen 8 months pregnant, currently residing in Canada - to which I have to stay a year in order to obtain Healthcare. My husband is Chinese and would love to be here by my side for the birth of our first baby. Though he was refused twice now on a tourist visa, of course us not knowing the exact reason as to why (we had an mla letter, invitation letter, doctor leters of my pregnancy, he owns a house in his name in China, money locked in the bank - what more do they want?!!?!?). I didn't sponsor him as I was told if I do and he gets it we must live here for so many years but our plan was to raise the baby have the baby here and after the year (for which I can leave due to healthcare) go back to China and raise the baby there. I feel that no one is on our side. I asked healthcare about paying the year up front and they said no, I have to live here a year....SO it seems that we can't see each other at all. Can I get a lawyer on this? or can i only hire a lawyer if I was to sponsor him? Any info would help me out so much. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jane York said:
To all you readers out there, if you can help me I would be so greatful. I am a Canadian Citizen 8 months pregnant, currently residing in Canada - to which I have to stay a year in order to obtain Healthcare. My husband is Chinese and would love to be here by my side for the birth of our first baby. Though he was refused twice now on a tourist visa, of course us not knowing the exact reason as to why (we had an mla letter, invitation letter, doctor leters of my pregnancy, he owns a house in his name in China, money locked in the bank - what more do they want?!!?!?). I didn't sponsor him as I was told if I do and he gets it we must live here for so many years but our plan was to raise the baby have the baby here and after the year (for which I can leave due to healthcare) go back to China and raise the baby there. I feel that no one is on our side. I asked healthcare about paying the year up front and they said no, I have to live here a year....SO it seems that we can't see each other at all. Can I get a lawyer on this? or can i only hire a lawyer if I was to sponsor him? Any info would help me out so much. Thank you.
1. The maximum wait for Medical Insurance in any province in Canada is only 3 months, so I have no idea what the year wait you are describing. Suggest you speak to the medical plan people in the province where you are residing.
2. With a spouse in Canada, the visa office will assume that his purpose is to remain permanently in Canada, not just visit.

PMM

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jane York,
Seek an attorney's advice immediately. The medical insurance should not be more than 3 months as PMM said.

Oloye