+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** A MASTER THREAD OF SAKI'S POSTS ***

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
uzumaki said:
Hi Raj:

I have read through the application guide again now and I started feeling it like a Christopher Nolan movie:

This is again W.R.T PROOF OF FUNDS, Application Guide suggests Originals- (No where mentioned as copy/certified true copy):
1. Fixed Deposit Statement - What I received from Bank is Fixed Deposit Advice Slip/Receipt and its given only once. Can I send certified True Copy of this document ? As I will need the original for CIC processing.
2. Fixed Deposit Certification letter I have right now is a Scanned copy (Got this FD at Home Town and got a scanned copy from bank) - If its notarised will this be enough, as I might take 3-5 days to get the original copy and I have 15 out of 45 days to go?

In-short if both are notarised, Will this be accepted by OINP?

And documents which are not asked in certified true copies format, for example, IELTS report, Job Appointment letters, etc., Should they be notarised as well?
I've already replied to this in a PM.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you for your inquiry.
We do have unfurnished units as well & details can be seen at

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/looking-fully-furnished-low-rent-with-amenities-included-accommodation-t264892.0.html

Best regards,

karine

Jan 7, 2016
Have just checked the status of our SINP app (skilled worker) and the status has changed from "in process"how long wait?please advice?

Amrith Kumar

Jul 30, 2015
Re: "Self-Employed" Category Immigration to Canada

pedepano said:
Hi,

don't worry! They will contact you soon!
I have a similar timeline:

18 June delivered in Sydney
21 July charged on credit card
19 August letter with the number
19 August In Process

I don't really now what does means the "In Process" or what to expect next. I'm also self-employed category. I'm from Brazil and applied from the US. Let's keep news here, since for our category there is almost no information!

Good luck!

SUNBY

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
03-07-2015
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-12-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Application received date: 22/09/2014
PER: : January 6, 2015
Medical request date: 03 July 2015
Medical done : 13th JULY , 2015
COA date : 26th January, 2016

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
SUNBY said:
Application received date: 22/09/2014
PER: : January 6, 2015
Medical request date: 03 July 2015
Medical done : 13th JULY , 2015
COA date : 26th January, 2016
Congratulations, PPR coming.

danielp

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-DEC-2014 (RECEIVED AT CIO)
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED: 18-FEB-2015
Nomination.....
PER MAIL DATE: 12-MARCH-2015
AOR Received.
PER MAIL RECEIVED: 06-APRIL-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11/12-MARCH-2015
Med's Request
25-SEPT-2015 (email c/o cons agency)
Med's Done....
05-OCT-2015 ECAS 7th line med's received: 14-OCT-2015
Interview........
WAIVED!!!
Passport Req..
SOON!!!
VISA ISSUED...
SOON!!!
LANDED..........
VERY SOON!!!
Good day everyone. I am a December 2014 FSW applicant. My medical results were received by CEM and i was just waiting for passport request when CEM called me to verify my email address and contact details twice. The second call bothered me so much because a lot of questions were asked regarding my consultancy agency and authorized representative. I was out with my grandmother and I wasn't able to give the caller the complete name of the authorized rep. They emailed me and gave me the chance to explain, but they were not satisfied with the response. My application was refused because of that but the agency and the authorized rep in Canada filed an appeal which will take approximately 6 months. I don't know what will happen next, so I'm just lifting this to GOD. I wish you all the best and may your plan for your life be the same as GOD's.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello all, I am a freelance fashion photographer, Mumbai based. I am aged 30 and have a common law partner. Working since 4 years, completed a 1 year photography diploma from Vancouver in 2012. We are applying for the Express Entry with myself as Primary Applicant. My Job Code in NOC is 5221, Skill Set B.

I had the following queries before I proceed and begin the process -

1. It says for skilled trades one has to show full time working "hours" (1560 hours in a year). However, in freelance photography, work can't be clocked precisely based on hours because it is not a fixed routine job. It really depends on project to project. However I have a significantbody of work that is published and my own portfolio, apart from invoices sent to clients etc.

2. Does a photography diploma equal "certificate of qualification issued by Canadian province or authority (skilled trades)? I read that photography is not a regulated profession in Canada, so I am confused. If my diploma works then I get 50 points for that.

3. Where can I get fingerprinting done in Mumbai, for FBI Clearance (as I lived in the US for more than 6 months around 2007-2008). Most of the google results are for Delhi or Bangalore.

4. I have completed a 3 year diploma in fashion design and technology in 2003-2006, right after passing 12th standard. Should I send this diploma and my 12th standard certificate to WES for ECA? My photography diploma is from Canada so that is exempt from ECA. However as I am now a fashion photographer, technically only photography diploma stays relevant to my current job. But the 3 year fashion design diploma is still a qualification which involves fashion so I am wondering if it will be helpful/better to include this?

Thanks to everyone in advance, looking forward to your guidance.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
PMV said:
Hello all, I am a freelance fashion photographer, Mumbai based. I am aged 30 and have a common law partner. Working since 4 years, completed a 1 year photography diploma from Vancouver in 2012. We are applying for the Express Entry with myself as Primary Applicant. My Job Code in NOC is 5221, Skill Set B.

I had the following queries before I proceed and begin the process -

1. It says for skilled trades one has to show full time working "hours" (1560 hours in a year). However, in freelance photography, work can't be clocked precisely based on hours because it is not a fixed routine job. It really depends on project to project. However I have a significantbody of work that is published and my own portfolio, apart from invoices sent to clients etc.

2. Does a photography diploma equal "certificate of qualification issued by Canadian province or authority (skilled trades)? I read that photography is not a regulated profession in Canada, so I am confused. If my diploma works then I get 50 points for that.

3. Where can I get fingerprinting done in Mumbai, for FBI Clearance (as I lived in the US for more than 6 months around 2007-2008). Most of the google results are for Delhi or Bangalore.

4. I have completed a 3 year diploma in fashion design and technology in 2003-2006, right after passing 12th standard. Should I send this diploma and my 12th standard certificate to WES for ECA? My photography diploma is from Canada so that is exempt from ECA. However as I am now a fashion photographer, technically only photography diploma stays relevant to my current job. But the 3 year fashion design diploma is still a qualification which involves fashion so I am wondering if it will be helpful/better to include this?

Thanks to everyone in advance, looking forward to your guidance.
Hi, for help with Express Entry application, you need to go to the right forum. This forum is for Skilled Workers, go to this link and you'll get expert advice, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
danielp said:
Good day everyone. I am a December 2014 FSW applicant. My medical results were received by CEM and i was just waiting for passport request when CEM called me to verify my email address and contact details twice. The second call bothered me so much because a lot of questions were asked regarding my consultancy agency and authorized representative. I was out with my grandmother and I wasn't able to give the caller the complete name of the authorized rep. They emailed me and gave me the chance to explain, but they were not satisfied with the response. My application was refused because of that but the agency and the authorized rep in Canada filed an appeal which will take approximately 6 months. I don't know what will happen next, so I'm just lifting this to GOD. I wish you all the best and may your plan for your life be the same as GOD's.
Hi, just want to encourage you that we have you in our prayers and it's not over till it's over. Stay strong, it will end well.

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, for help with Express Entry application, you need to go to the right forum. This forum is for Skilled Workers, go to this link and you'll get expert advice, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/
Hello pipi's husband. I recently got an ITA. I am Fsw outland. Is this the right forum for me to ask questions? or should i go to express entry thread?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
kaizadhans said:
Hello pipi's husband. I recently got an ITA. I am Fsw outland. Is this the right forum for me to ask questions? or should i go to express entry thread?
Go straight to Express Entry section buddy :)