+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

17yo going to college- study permit

hjhhwee

Feb 24, 2024
So i've been trying to get a study permit online but it said i'm not eligible. for context i need one as i'm going to college in quebec this august and my birthday is in may( to get a sudy permit i need to be 18+) so i honestly dont know what to do.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So i've been trying to get a study permit online but it said i'm not eligible. for context i need one as i'm going to college in quebec this august and my birthday is in may( to get a sudy permit i need to be 18+) so i honestly dont know what to do.
You are a minor and need a Canadian guardian when applying for a study permit. Do you know anyone who lives in Canada near your school? If not, talk your school advisor as there are companies that provide Canadian guardianship.

hjhhwee

Feb 24, 2024
I'm living with my mom who has a valid work permit. We are protected refugees in Canada and i'm currently in grade 11 nd i'll be graduating this year and will be starting college this year where a study permit is required.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm living with my mom who has a valid work permit. We are protected refugees in Canada and i'm currently in grade 11 nd i'll be graduating this year and will be starting college this year where a study permit is required.
So she is your guardian.