+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Refusal and Questions

AKB47

Apr 24, 2024
Hi all. My wife finished her Masters program in December 2023 and then applied for a PGWP. She got her 3-year PGWP subsequently and joined a Teer 0 job in April 2024. However, her application for my SOWP was rejected stating

1. Eligibility is only for the spouse of someone working at a skills level 0, 1 or 2 (This is strange as we comply with this and shared the offer letter. We didn't upload pay slips because she hasn't received them yet.)
2. Have not adequately provided proof of relationship (However we did upload marriage certificate and passport which has spouse name)

We are assuming IRCC has become much more stringent and so are considering reapplying with more proof. On this regards we have a few questions

1. Is it better for me to apply with my own IRCC account or is it the same if she applies on my behalf?
2. For the job we want to add 3 pay slips along with the offer letter. Is that enough or do we need a custom letter from her employer?
3. For proof of marriage we will share pictures, joint accounts, proof of travel to meet her, social media, and communications. Are these needed for SOWP?

p.s. I had a SOWP during her study period and visited her 3 times. During our first application, my application was successful without so many things.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
You have actually confused the officers. You got SOWP, didn't stay with your wife, and only visited her, so clearly that does not show a strong relationship to them. You can try again and probably would need way more stronger documentation and yes she needs to attach her pay slips, at least the most recent 3 pay slips.