+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO Obligation

cyberdemon

May 8, 2019
Hi,
What is RO obligation?
My PR card will expire on Mar-2022.
I did soft landing on Feb-2017.
Will be face any problem to enter the Canada on 26th-Feb-2020?

I have the plan to maintain 730days after landing.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your five-year period began in February 2017 when you did your soft landing. You must complete your 730 days before February 2022.

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
I submitted my pr card replacement application on February 20th and still haven't received the card yet.The processing time was 2 months but it's April 22nd and I haven't received the pr card.I have to travel to India as I'm the primary caretaker for a family member and planning on booking the flight within next 2 weeks.How long is my application going to take?

Regards

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I submitted my pr card replacement application on February 20th and still haven't received the card yet.The processing time was 2 months but it's April 22nd and I haven't received the pr card.I have to travel to India as I'm the primary caretaker for a family member and planning on booking the flight within next 2 weeks.How long is my application going to take?

Regards
Christ on a stick

Are you compliant with your RO ?
Asking because you posted under RO obligation

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
Yes but some people said I should've waited few weeks after 2years (730 days) and then applied , because it's been 68 days(normal processing time 59 days) and I still didn't recieve pr card and need to travel out of country . Should I apply for urgent processing?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes but some people said I should've waited few weeks after 2years (730 days) and then applied , because it's been 68 days(normal processing time 59 days) and I still didn't recieve pr card and need to travel out of country . Should I apply for urgent processing?
You have not provided the information needed to know whether you are in compliance or not.

1) When did you become a PR?
2) How many days have you been outside Canada since become a PR or in the last five years? (Last five years if you became a PR more than five years ago, please).

If you are in compliance, you can leave and apply for a PRTD upon arrival, without really worrying.

If you are not in compliance, you can still leave and apply for a PRTD. It may take longer and you may get turned down - but less likely if you were in fact close to being in compliance.