+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of custody

mickay

Apr 2, 2013
hi… i just wanna ask… im a single mother and my daughter is 5 years old now.. on her birth certificate i am the only parent acknowledge…the immigration ask mo to provide proof of custody of the child…

where can i get this one? what document will i provide..

in the philippines, an illegitimate child, the mother has the full custody of the child, whereas in my case there is no other parents declare…

please help… thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you get a court or a judge to write you such a letter? Immigration just wants to know that you have the right to take your child out of the country.

mickay

Apr 2, 2013
we ask some lawyers in the Philippines that I dont need to provide any court order because the child is illegitimate, im a mother, and i am only the parent declare…

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ideally, what you require is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5604E.pdf

A biological parent, regardless of being declared on a birth certificate, could attempt to assert parental rights.
This form removes that problem, if the identity of the other biological parent is known.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could try to write a statement saying that as the father is unknown as they can see by looking at the birth certificate, there is no joint or shared custody. Hence you have full custody of your child and can do whatever you want.

However, I think it would be better if you get at least a lawyer in the Philippines to sign a statement to that effect that in the Philippines if the father is unknown, the mother automatically has full custody and all rights.

mickay

Apr 2, 2013
Leon said:
You could try to write a statement saying that as the father is unknown as they can see by looking at the birth certificate, there is no joint or shared custody. Hence you have full custody of your child and can do whatever you want.

However, I think it would be better if you get at least a lawyer in the Philippines to sign a statement to that effect that in the Philippines if the father is unknown, the mother automatically has full custody and all rights.
Thanks Leon…

mickay

Apr 2, 2013
zardoz said:
Ideally, what you require is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5604E.pdf

A biological parent, regardless of being declared on a birth certificate, could attempt to assert parental rights.
This form removes that problem, if the identity of the other biological parent is known.
the identity of the other bioligical parents is unknown… since the father of the child walk away before i gave birth.. thats why i am the only parent in her birth certificate

Gurneet_12

May 9, 2024
the identity of the other bioligical parents is unknown… since the father of the child walk away before i gave birth.. thats why i am the only parent in her birth certificate
Hi, could you please confirm if how were you able to resolve this situation? Me and my partner are in same situation