+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

HMO63

May 10, 2024
Hello all, so here is my case for renewal of my PR card and appreciate your help.

- My card expires in May 23 2024, and I applied for renewal in Oct. 27, 3023 submitting and H&C case (basically hundreds of documents, letters etc.). Despite not fulfilling my physical presence requirement fully, I believe I have a strong case based on my circumstances particularly my mom's health (besides corona, PhD in Canada, job applications, reference letters etc.).
- I had to leave Canada to Germany as I am highly specialized in medical device field and could not land in a relevant job in Canada yet. I got out for a temp job right before Corona and things worked out afterwards...
- I am booking a trip to Canada now to get in prior to my card expiry (May 20th) but I can not stay longer than 2 weeks (at the moment). The reason being that I might get lucky and hear back within this two weeks. My lawyer at the time said the H&C cases for PR Renewal is about 9 months at the time, and the website says 24 months!
- I would like to go back to Canada, do not want to lose my PR, and would continue to look into job market.

Here are my questions:
- Any particular recommendation?
- What are my chances?
- Does it make sense to apply for an urgent, as my mom's health is deteoriating. and providing evidence for travel plans around 3.5 weeks later from now.
Thank you!

gunchan

Dec 18, 2018
Whitehorse, YT
Category........
PNP
my time line
submitted application 20th of April.
received PR crad 7th of May
Congratulations!!
How is your Status on the portal?

I submitted on Apr 4, but returned on Apr 17 due to photo.
Took a photo at a different studio, re-submitted on Apr 19, but no updates since then, your process is faster.

kyungyyz

Jun 9, 2019
I just submitted my application. Hope it goes well.
Question, once I get my new PR card, I'm planning to renew my passport. Will there be a problem since I submitted my PR renewal application with soon to be old passport?

newnew

Dec 4, 2017
Congratulations!!
How is your Status on the portal?

I submitted on Apr 4, but returned on Apr 17 due to photo.
Took a photo at a different studio, re-submitted on Apr 19, but no updates since then, your process is faster.
portal is still reflecting as submitted

Sep 20, 2016
my timeline

Application submitted Apr 26, 2024
Inspect Status Rejected: due to the photo not meeting the requirements (May 07, 2024)
Called IRCC they told PR card was sent on May 08, 2024
PR Card Received May 14, 2024

shevi gow

May 3, 2024
Hi,

I created a thread before I saw this one, so I will post my situation here as well. Any help is much appreciated!

So unfortunately after submitting my PR Card Renewal application online I realized I had missed uploading some documents/information needed. So 1 day after submitting my application I withdrew it via IRCC Webform. Does anyone else have experience with this? When can I reapply? I have initiated another application with all the documents needed, but I don't know if I should submit it or wait. I don't want anything to get messed up or confused in the system.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

I created a thread before I saw this one, so I will post my situation here as well. Any help is much appreciated!

So unfortunately after submitting my PR Card Renewal application online I realized I had missed uploading some documents/information needed. So 1 day after submitting my application I withdrew it via IRCC Webform. Does anyone else have experience with this? When can I reapply? I have initiated another application with all the documents needed, but I don't know if I should submit it or wait. I don't want anything to get messed up or confused in the system.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Did the webform say that you‘re going to get some sort of confirmation? If not, I would give IRCC a call and ask.

Out of curiosity, how many pieces of ID did you submit?

louis112

Dec 9, 2013
Hi, Does anybody know how to view your PR Renewal Application after you submitted it? The View Button is greyed out and I am unable to link it to GCKey. FYI: I have received my PR Card already. Thanks in advance.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there,

Can someone please direct me to a topic where I could read about the residency supporting documents people submitted with their application?

Thanks,

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello i am not able to find status after these steps. is there anyother way to check it. i dont get this cases?phaseid=3&count=1000" thing. can u pls guide thanks!!!!
Check anything with it shows "cases" along with type: xhr (you can sort this) and then you can look for status

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
my timeline

Application submitted Apr 26, 2024
Inspect Status Rejected: due to the photo not meeting the requirements (May 07, 2024)
Called IRCC they told PR card was sent on May 08, 2024
PR Card Received May 14, 2024
Do you happen to know/can you confirm when you checked "Inspect Status", what was the statusEN and where exactly the "photos missing" shown?