+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Common-law Sponsorship and 12 Months Cohabitation Proof While Travelling

tigeroip

Apr 28, 2024
Hello. I want to sponsor my partner inland who is on a work visa ( CUAET ). I want to sponsor the partner as a common-law partner and I am having doubts about my ability to prove 12 months cohabitation. Hoping to get some insight.

• May 1st 2022 partner entered Canada with me and we began residing together.I have written statements from landlord we began residing on that day together.
  • March 15th 2023 partner and I travel outside of Canada
  • May 5th 2023 partner leaves to see parents and I go back to Canada
  • August 2023 I travel to see partner
  • October 2023 I return to Canada
  • December 2023 partner returns to Canada and we continue to live together at the same address
I want to claim that we were together for 12 months from May 1 2022 to May 1 2023. I have solid proof that we resided together from May 1 2022 to March 15th 2023 until we began travelling. Between March 15th and May 1 2023 we stayed in Airbnbs. I do not have receipts with both of our names for the majority of the travel between March 15th and May 1 2023. I do have:

• One airbnb receipt with both of our names
  • Train tickets with both of our names
  • Lots of photos of us together during that period (including inside airbnbs that can me matched with the listing photos)
  • Written statement(s) from friends and family saying we were travelling together during that period and were together

Aside from what I mentioned above I have proof that we share the same address on both of our driver licenses. Partner is on my work benefits insurance.

Since inland sponshorship once rejected, as far as understand, cannot be appealed. I am treading this carefully and hoping to get some insight on how viable the application would be. Thank you for your input!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
On my opinion cutting it far too close on evidence if you're concerned. If married this would be a no issues application.