+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Applied CEC without LMIA, answered YES to "Do you have a valid job offer?

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024
Hi, While creating my Express Entry profile, I answered "Yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?". I understand that it isn't a regular job offer. I have received an ITA but haven't submitted my documents for permanent residence. I do see the option to change my answer to "No". Just wondering if it's okay to do that before submitting the final documents. Please help.

Here is my situation: I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. I got just enough points to get an ITA for CEC. In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when CIC asked me to upload my job offer that includes "permanent", "NOC code" and what not, which my job offer obviously didn't specify.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hi, While creating my Express Entry profile, I answered "Yes" to "Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?". I understand that it isn't a regular job offer. I have received an ITA but haven't submitted my documents for permanent residence. I do see the option to change my answer to "No". Just wondering if it's okay to do that before submitting the final documents. Please help.

Here is my situation: I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. I got just enough points to get an ITA for CEC. In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when CIC asked me to upload my job offer that includes "permanent", "NOC code" and what not, which my job offer obviously didn't specify.
What is your score without the job offer? If it’s above the cut off for the draw, then you can still apply and add a letter of explanation in the place holder for the job offer.
If your points fall below the cutoff, decline the ITA. At the end of the day what matters is whether you are eligible for that particular draw.
After ITA, you can’t make changes

You can use this calculator to check
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Last edited:

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024
What is your score without the job offer? If it’s above the cut off points for the draw, then you can still apply and add a letter of explanation in the place holder for the job offer.
If your points fall below the cutoff, decline the ITA. At the end of the day what matters is you are eligible for that particular draw.

You can use this calculator to check
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
No score was awarded to me for the job offer and my CRS score was mainly from my school and job expereinces (PGWP). There's an option to answer NO before submitting the application, but i just wanted to be sure it wont be seen as a mispresentation

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
No score was awarded to me for the job offer and my CRS score was mainly from my school and job expereinces (PGWP). There's an option to answer NO before submitting the application, but i just wanted to be sure it wont be seen as a mispresentation
If it doesn’t impact your score you should be fine, just add LOE. I wouldn’t worry about this.

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024
If it doesn’t impact your score you should be fine, just add LOE. I wouldn’t worry about this.
Thank you Mandiebraxton, should i still answer a YES, submit the application with the required documents and then attach LOE or just a NO with LOE?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thank you Mandiebraxton, should i still answer a YES, submit the application with the required documents and then attach LOE or just a NO with LOE?
You can answer no - as it’s not going to change your score. Attached LOE as your profile information is recorded when you receive ITA.

EchoPR

Apr 28, 2024
Hi I applied keeping my answers to “Yes” for valid job offer. I got no points for “Arranged employment” because I selected “No” for LMIA questions. Should I raise a webform? Or should I submit an additional LOE saying that it was an honest mistake? Please advice.