+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave Canada after declaring in OR portal that I am in Canada and leave.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi, i have applied for my PR and hopefully I should receive an email for the portal by the end of May. I submitted an application for my wife, myself, and my daughter.

I have to go to India for some personal reasons along with whole family.

So I have a two-fold question which will help me make a decision:

If i go to India, and once I get my email for the portal only then come to Canada, and declare i am in Canada and leave. My brother can collect the PR and and ship it to me. Is this possible?

Also, if i come back, i will be coming back alone and will only declare for myself. At this point i am not interested in PR for my wife or daughter. So can i declare just for myself and get my PR card?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i have applied for my PR and hopefully I should receive an email for the portal by the end of May. I submitted an application for my wife, myself, and my daughter.

I have to go to India for some personal reasons along with whole family.

So I have a two-fold question which will help me make a decision:

If i go to India, and once I get my email for the portal only then come to Canada, and declare i am in Canada and leave. My brother can collect the PR and and ship it to me. Is this possible?

Also, if i come back, i will be coming back alone and will only declare for myself. At this point i am not interested in PR for my wife or daughter. So can i declare just for myself and get my PR card?
On the other post, you said you went to India early this month already due to health reasons and still outside of Canada. So what are you trying to say?

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
On the other post, you said you went to India early this month already due to health reasons and still outside of Canada. So what are you trying to say?
This question is on behalf of someone.
Sorry if I caused confusion.
Can you help in this case as well?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This question is on behalf of someone.
Sorry if I caused confusion.
Can you help in this case as well?
Why not tell the "someone" to get a separate username and post here? It will be much easier to read!

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Why not tell the "someone" to get a separate username and post here? It will be much easier to read!
Please understand. They are not tech savvy, and asking questions and following up is beyond their means.

If you have any answer. Please help.