+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply work permit with PNP work permit support letter

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am writing to you regarding my query about my work permit Canada Visa refusal. As I have applied under LMIA exemption and I have mention the employment number in the application and also attached the required document for the compliance fee from the employer. But the reason as mentioned on my refusal letter was : "The employer has failed to pay the employer compliance fee, as required under section 303.1 of the IRPR." Please help me out for further processing as I am clueless what to do next.

Thanks in advance!!
It means your employer has not paid the fees to go ahead with your LMIA application. They need to pay the fees to start the application to invite a foreign worker to work for them.

Saroj Kumari

May 13, 2024
No its not the case, my employer had paid the fee and they have provided me the details of my employment number and also sceenshot of transaction details of the compliance fee which I have attached along with my VISA application still they have rejected for this reason, which make no sense to me that makes me worried what I should do next.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
No its not the case, my employer had paid the fee and they have provided me the details of my employment number and also sceenshot of transaction details of the compliance fee which I have attached along with my VISA application still they have rejected for this reason, which make no sense to me that makes me worried what I should do next.
As you had described above this is what it means. You need to appeal the case if you think your employer has paid the fees. Maybe try to take the help of the employer.

Saroj Kumari

May 13, 2024
I have also contacted the employer they have provided me additional information about the LIMA exemption. I was confused because my joining date for my work is on 16th June, so making an appeal or reapplying which would be more helpful?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have also contacted the employer they have provided me additional information about the LIMA exemption. I was confused because my joining date for my work is on 16th June, so making an appeal or reapplying which would be more helpful?
If I would have been you I would have seek professional help,made sure to check everything again and if seems all good will appeal.