+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refused for compliance fee

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
hello members,
I have applied for a temporary work permit with all the documents. But my visa has been refused stating that “The employer has failed to pay the employer compliance fee, as required under section 303.1 of the IRPR”. But actually my employer has already paid the fee and I have uploaded the receipt for the same along with other documents. My question is what might me the reason for this and If I have to reapply will the processing be faster or prioritised as I have to join work within a month.
Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What program are you applying for a work permit? How much is the fee paid?

You can ask for reconsideration with proof of compliance fee (not LMIA fee) being paid. There are no timelines for reconsideration.

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply,
I was selected for a sponsored fellowship program and it is LIMA-exempt
If reapply will it be faster as I haven’t booked my flight yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply,
I was selected for a sponsored fellowship program and it is LIMA-exempt
If reapply will it be faster as I haven’t booked my flight yet
So they paid the $230 fee. I don’t know what is faster as depends on where you live, and how long you waited for the first response. If you reapply, your applications starts from the beginning. It isn’t prioritized. You could do both.

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
Thank you very much for your response. I meant if I resubmit how much time will it take as all other documents have been verified and this was the only deficit according to them. I thought this may take lesser time. As you said if they are going to start from the beginning then I don’t know how many weeks they will take. But my program is starting soon and I have formalities left to do after I reach there as well. I wonder how even after I attached the fee receipt they refused stating that as a reason.
Anyways thanks a lot for your time and patience

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your response. I meant if I resubmit how much time will it take as all other documents have been verified and this was the only deficit according to them. I thought this may take lesser time. As you said if they are going to start from the beginning then I don’t know how many weeks they will take. But my program is starting soon and I have formalities left to do after I reach there as well. I wonder how even after I attached the fee receipt they refused stating that as a reason.
Anyways thanks a lot for your time and patience
If you apply again, it is a new application so gets in the queue. It will not be prioritized but may take an officer a quicker amount of time to review. You will not know until you get approval. Consider doing both. Filing reconsideration through webform and reapplying. IRCC can take up to 30 days to get reconsideration request to correct officer and officer opening the file. You still have to factor in passport stamping too which can take 10-14 days depending where you live.

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
If you apply again, it is a new application so gets in the queue. It will not be prioritized but may take an officer a quicker amount of time to review. You will not know until you get approval. Consider doing both. Filing reconsideration through webform and reapplying. IRCC can take up to 30 days to get reconsideration request to correct officer and officer opening the file. You still have to factor in passport stamping too which can take 10-14 days depending where you live.
Thank you so much for your guidance.

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
One more question me being the primary applicant we applied for my spouse SOWP as well. I received a refusal letter whereas my spouse hasn’t received any response from them. What might me the reason for this ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One more question me being the primary applicant we applied for my spouse SOWP as well. I received a refusal letter whereas my spouse hasn’t received any response from them. What might me the reason for this ??
Because it is processed separately from your application. Where did you apply from and when?

DrAzhagiri

May 9, 2024
NOC Code......
Hello, please help me with this
Iam the primary applicant for work permit, my spouse and child applied along with for SWOP and visitor visa respectively. My application was refused for a rectifiable reason (stated above) following that child’s application was also rejected. But my spouse application is still in submission status. So what can we do next? As we have to resubmit and we are running short of time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, please help me with this
Iam the primary applicant for work permit, my spouse and child applied along with for SWOP and visitor visa respectively. My application was refused for a rectifiable reason (stated above) following that child’s application was also rejected. But my spouse application is still in submission status. So what can we do next? As we have to resubmit and we are running short of time
You can withdraw spouse‘s first application. And then reapply together.