+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
I applied for the visa. I attached Invitation letter, Letter of Financial Support, Property Documents and rental agreement according to which my mother gets a month rental income. The response was in 10 Days with a visa refusal.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

What do i do?
Hello

Does your mother have property back home? What other ties does your mother have back home?

I am asking because I am on the same boat as yours: Trying to apply for a visit visa for mother/father.

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
Hello, Just wanted to confirm with you, you applied for Super visa (Parent & grandparent) sponsorship or visit visa ?
AFAIK for visitor visa they are more picky about the financial health of the applicant, while with parent/grandparent visa it depends on the child with pr/citizenship's financial ability to help with stay.
Plus other things as well.
So better to apply for super visa?

wahajhasan

Dec 29, 2022
Hello

Does your mother have property back home? What other ties does your mother have back home?

I am asking because I am on the same boat as yours: Trying to apply for a visit visa for mother/father.
She has a property. She has one son two daughter 5 grandchildren. I do not know what else is required to show strong ties

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure what is better. I was asking the same question as you have, but no one replied.
If you meet LICO and parent(s) plans to stay more than a few months then apply for a supervisa. Parent has to pass medical and pay one year health insurance.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
If you meet LICO and parent(s) plans to stay more than a few months then apply for a supervisa. Parent has to pass medical and pay one year health insurance.
Thanks for the quick responce. I do meet the LICO. With Super visa my father doesn't have to worry about filling out forms. Atm he does not want to come for more than 2-3 months. He already returned from a 3 month Australia visit, and is atm busy with a construction project. But as he doesn't intend to stay for more than 2-3 months, getting a 1 year medical insurance is unneccesary expense. Ofcourse this is avoided with visit visa, but then he has to fill out the financials. And atm i don't know how easy its to get Visit Visa in current circumstances. Hence also wanted to see what was other's recommendation and experiecne in this year/past few months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the quick responce. I do meet the LICO. With Super visa my father doesn't have to worry about filling out forms. Atm he does not want to come for more than 2-3 months. He already returned from a 3 month Australia visit, and is atm busy with a construction project. But as he doesn't intend to stay for more than 2-3 months, getting a 1 year medical insurance is unneccesary expense. Ofcourse this is avoided with visit visa, but then he has to fill out the financials. And atm i don't know how easy its to get Visit Visa in current circumstances. Hence also wanted to see what was other's recommendation and experiecne in this year/past few months.
For a TRV, he needs to show ties to return. If he he has a busy project then even 2-3 months seems like a long visit. Suggest a 3 week visit showing proof of his business projects (invoices, registration, job letter with approved leave), personal bank statements and travel history. If he is staying for months then supervisa may be best idea. Look at medical insurance for a year that you can pay monthly with a clause to discontinue if he leaves.

Reactions: fooqs

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
For a TRV, he needs to show ties to return. If he he has a busy project then even 2-3 months seems like a long visit. Suggest a 3 week visit showing proof of his business projects (invoices, registration, job letter with approved leave), personal bank statements and travel history. If he is staying for months then supervisa may be best idea. Look at medical insurance for a year that you can pay monthly with a clause to discontinue if he leaves.

I had initially planned for him to come for 3 months, but he has changed his mind and probably will only be travelling for max a month/4 weeks. He plans to combine his trip with a trip to the US (he holds a valid US visit visa and plans to meet his brother plus sightseeing there with my sister). I have completed and submitted his Canada visit visa already, but now i am not sure he will be able to get it in time. I just wanted to know, does he have to give his biometric in his home country or he can give it anywhere there is an appointment available and he can be there ? Same for visa, once its accepted ?