+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized work after graduation and before applying for PGWP

intwos24

Oct 6, 2023
I was in the same situation and just got my PGWP approved yesterday.
I raised a webform detailing the timeline of my studies and the unauthorized work. Reason for the violation is false assumption of the rule and apologize for the mistake.
EXPLANATION LETTER Template and instructions.pdf (douglascollege.ca)
Sample 2
Hope this help.
Hi, when you declared unauthorized work on your PGWP application, did you receive the IMM 0127-E afterwards stating you are allowed to work during processing? Or did you wait for your PGWP to be given to you?

Kxxx

Dec 8, 2023
I don’t know if I will still get a response to this , but I just wanted to know if pgwp is approved after declaring unauthorized work, should it be declared again in TRV application

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
I don’t know if I will still get a response to this , but I just wanted to know if pgwp is approved after declaring unauthorized work, should it be declared again in TRV application
NO, I did not do that. TRV is just an application for extension

Mel5577

Dec 5, 2023
Seeking Advice: Applied for PGWP, Unintentional Unauthorized Work, Got a Job Offer while waiting for PGWP decision

Hi everyone,

I completed my Master's program (2 years) on October 23rd, 2023, and applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) on November 19th, 2023. However, I unknowingly continued my part-time job until November 12th, not realizing that I couldn't work post-completion.

Upon learning this, I promptly stopped working following advice from international student advisors at my university. After having applied for the PGWP, I haven't received the temporary work permit (WP-EXT for PGWP - IMM 0127 E). The advisors at the international student office asked me to refrain from working until I get the PGWP. Hence, I haven't been working since the 19th of November, 2023 and it's been very tough for me.

Now, I've received a fantastic job offer from a reputable company that requires a work permit document for employment. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I'm considering presenting the job offer documents to IRCC through a web form. Does anyone think this would help expedite the processing of my PGWP? Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
dont worry dear, ur pgwp will be approved, let me know when u get decision, dont forget, i was in same situation and i approved without any trouble, relax and chill
Hello, did you face any problem when you applied for pr? I mean what did you write the personal information history to fill that gap since you didn’t disclose it before ?

Aby12

Mar 22, 2024
Thank you so much for responding. Did u write LOE yourself or did u find a consultant or lawyer to write it for u? Sorry for asking, I’ve been struggling to write mine. How did u explain your reason for violating the rule in your case? Can you kindly help? Thanks.
Did you needed up getting your PGWP?

ChemicalEngg

May 1, 2024
Would someone be able to help me with my case? I started my MBA at one school on the last day of my first term. I got a job, transferred to another school, and got the enrollment letter, too. I thought it was a break and continued working till my new school started; the gap is around 2 months, I thought, and I was also informed by my friends that it was considered a break. However, I have found through the IRCC website recently that one should not work while switching schools. I am utterly confused. After seeing everyone's post, I felt bit relaxed. Can the LOE be suffice to get PGWP? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: