+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP has already expired and still waiting for the extension, what to tell my employer?

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I am on SOWP and in Canada right now. I have already applied for extension/renewal in September 2021. My SOWP expired in December 2021, got a latter from IRCC saying I am still eligible to work with the same visa conditions until January 2022.
As the end date for my visa is approaching very soon and my employer really wants to know if I can continue working or not, otherwise he needs to start recruiting now. IRCC won't reply to my inquiry since it is still within the 'normal processing time' (4 months).
Can anyone advice me on what to do / tell my employer now? I obviously don't want to inform my employer about the result of my application at the very last moment.

THanks

Mrsadfs

Jun 1, 2019
I am on SOWP and in Canada right now. I have already applied for extension/renewal in September 2021. My SOWP expired in December 2021, got a latter from IRCC saying I am still eligible to work with the same visa conditions until January 2022.
As the end date for my visa is approaching very soon and my employer really wants to know if I can continue working or not, otherwise he needs to start recruiting now. IRCC won't reply to my inquiry since it is still within the 'normal processing time' (4 months).
Can anyone advice me on what to do / tell my employer now? I obviously don't want to inform my employer about the result of my application at the very last moment.

THanks
You could print this webpage and give to employer emphasizing the section that speaks to not finalizing decision on application after expiry date of letter: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Reactions: corvus777

dreamer03

May 2, 2024

THanks

THanks

Hello im currently on the sam situation as you. May I know when did the swop receive the ext? ive been waiting for more than 5 months now