+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR/Social Assistance question

Oct 5, 2023
Hi

I’m having problems with my apartment right now and I am resident of Winnipeg, Manitoba, so I decided to use RAY’s (Resource Assistance for Youth https://rayinc.ca/) help with new apartment. They will help me to find a new apartment and will probably help to pay rent for first few months.

The question is if I will get in any trouble when I will be applying for MPNP/PR after receiving their help? Is it considered a social assistance? I looked this organization up and it doesn’t look like a government organization. Will I get in any trouble if they will just help me to find a new apartment without helping to pay rent? Or even if they will help me with rent I will not have any problems later?

Also, I’m not planning to receive this help during the process of applying for MPNP/PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I’m having problems with my apartment right now and I am resident of Winnipeg, Manitoba, so I decided to use RAY’s (Resource Assistance for Youth https://rayinc.ca/) help with new apartment. They will help me to find a new apartment and will probably help to pay rent for first few months.

The question is if I will get in any trouble when I will be applying for MPNP/PR after receiving their help? Is it considered a social assistance? I looked this organization up and it doesn’t look like a government organization. Will I get in any trouble if they will just help me to find a new apartment without helping to pay rent? Or even if they will help me with rent I will not have any problems later?

Also, I’m not planning to receive this help during the process of applying for MPNP/PR.
Post your question to the PNP section of the forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Would clarify with the organization and with those processing MPNP what Manitoba considers as social assistance.

Daqueen11

Jul 9, 2022
Hi guys,
Can one time acceptance of furnitures from halton region in Ontario be considered as social assistance?

Daqueen11

Jul 9, 2022
I got PR. Got the furnitures from halton region government in Province of Ontario.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got PR through federal skilled worker program. Got the furnitures from halton region government in Province of Ontario.
Why is Halton region and taxpayers furnishing economic immigrants homes? Have worked at similar organizations and there are strict criteria and need to be referred by social worker because of cost and limited supply of items. Mostly refugees with nothing, domestic abuse victims starting over, the disabled, etc. and typically can’t meet demand.