+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New born baby after getting COPR and VISA

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Finally added as a dependent and requested for medical. But took two months and had several follow up webform and even involved local MP to track
hi, any one is canadian citizen ?? parent ?? how did you add newborn,, please explain,,
I have same situation. i am canadian citizen (father ) and my child born 20 days ago in India ? my Wife PR application still in process at NDVO?
please help, thank you..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi, any one is canadian citizen ?? parent ?? how did you add newborn,, please explain,,
I have same situation. i am canadian citizen (father ) and my child born 20 days ago in India ? my Wife PR application still in process at NDVO?
please help, thank you..
If you're a citizen, your child probably is too. Apply for the citizenship certificate and passport (temporary I think) for the infant.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Your kid should be a canadian citizen like on of the member mentioned already
please help, thank you..

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
After adding dependent child and finishing medical and SA2 in Jan22..... No update just asked to wait from that point on.. others on similar boat but without having to reopening the file have reached already in my march 21 application batch. This is very disappointing as I havent seen my baby yet hoping the final DM and PPR which they say would come anytime since Jan22 as per MP but stupidly waiting so much now without anytime horizon to completion.. life ruined due to one decision to come here and work things out especially leaving a comfy life

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
No idea as its all at discretion of IRCC who are secretive about process
Even if her COPR expires, wont she be able to add her baby in it and get a new COPR? As they have already applied for the add on and I believe her case will still be open until she lands. I am guessing filing a new dependent sponsorship would take longer time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
After adding dependent child and finishing medical and SA2 in Jan22..... No update just asked to wait from that point on.. others on similar boat but without having to reopening the file have reached already in my march 21 application batch. This is very disappointing as I havent seen my baby yet hoping the final DM and PPR which they say would come anytime since Jan22 as per MP but stupidly waiting so much now without anytime horizon to completion.. life ruined due to one decision to come here and work things out especially leaving a comfy life
You should keep asking your mp to help. More than once. Keep at it.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Thinking of federal case as the file was closed because they didnt add the addon... How would u close file knowing the applicant is pregnant and has done medical after pregnancy and at the same time recieved child payment and docs? Now we are paying the price for their mistake.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
No update still. This is frustrating. Now my lawyer wants to stop helping us and he said you are on your own and all. Please advise

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
My wifes medical is only valid till July now I am afraid they going to ask for remedical and keep delaying this. I havent seen my son and plan to visit them now just not sure if coming to canada was good idea after all these months of pain and suffering due to this. Anyone would please advise on how to get them to finalize the application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No update still. This is frustrating. Now my lawyer wants to stop helping us and he said you are on your own and all. Please advise
Is your lawyer a Canadian lawyer? If yes, go to the bar society and complain.

Try calling IRCC directly. Try your MP again - and again.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Is your lawyer a Canadian lawyer? If yes, go to the bar society and complain.

Try calling IRCC directly. Try your MP again - and again.
Thanks a lot armoured for your response.
He is canadian lawyer. I have to revoke his service before I complain correct? This is what he sent me when I asked for TRV "I don’t know whether I want to continue as your counsel. I will consider it. If I do continue, we will be requesting additional funds for additional unanticipated steps and the fact that you are a high needs client"
I have contacted MP office and they get standard response asking us to wait saying everything is in order etc and now MP office pushed back saying we will check on your file every two months.
I call IRCC atleast 7 times a day during work days but dont get through to an agent as I get "we are currently experiencing high call volumes"
I am trying to get an advise or consultation from someone else like lawyer or immigration consultant but no response.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks a lot armoured for your response.
He is canadian lawyer. I have to revoke his service before I complain correct? This is what he sent me when I asked for TRV "I don’t know whether I want to continue as your counsel. I will consider it. If I do continue, we will be requesting additional funds for additional unanticipated steps and the fact that you are a high needs client"
I have contacted MP office and they get standard response asking us to wait saying everything is in order etc and now MP office pushed back saying we will check on your file every two months.
I call IRCC atleast 7 times a day during work days but dont get through to an agent as I get "we are currently experiencing high call volumes"
I am trying to get an advise or consultation from someone else like lawyer or immigration consultant but no response.
Okay, now you are saying something different - not that your lawyer is refusing but that he's asked for additional payment for additional services.

Honestly, I can't make sense of what you are asking or what exactly is going on with your file. At least in this thread, this is the first time you mentioned TRV. That is - of course - an additional service, which is not unreasonable.

By the way, you can apply for TRV directly without the lawyer anyway.

So short form: I can't help you either. You're saying very different things about what is happening to your file. Whether your file was 'closed' or not.

Personally I'd suggest going back to your lawyer and listening to what the lawyer has to say. The lawyer may be right. (The lawyer says you are a 'high needs client', which I'm guessing means you have unreasonable expectations, are not listening/refuse to understand what they are saying, and are wasting their time. And again - it's possible the lawyer is right.)

You can get a second opinion from other lawyers or consultants of course. You'll have to start with explaining carefully, in an organised fashion, what has actually happened.