+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My toddler have a valid visitor record but TRV has expired

savinder09

May 11, 2024
So I finished my masters and got a PGWP and got a Visitor Record extension for my toddler daughter. We still have over 2 years of valid status.

However, our Visitor Visa expired last December. I applied for a TRV for myself it was straight forward. However, when I'm trying to apply for TRV for my child, I'm not seeing any option I just get an option to change conditions or extend Visitor Visa. I belive that form is only for extending or getting visitor record.

I basically want to go to India with my child and come back after a couple months and I believe my child will not be eligible to re-enter just based on the visitor record? Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I finished my masters and got a PGWP and got a Visitor Record extension for my toddler daughter. We still have over 2 years of valid status.

However, our Visitor Visa expired last December. I applied for a TRV for myself it was straight forward. However, when I'm trying to apply for TRV for my child, I'm not seeing any option I just get an option to change conditions or extend Visitor Visa. I belive that form is only for extending or getting visitor record.

I basically want to go to India with my child and come back after a couple months and I believe my child will not be eligible to re-enter just based on the visitor record? Please help.
Since your child is on visitor visa, she cannot apply for a new permit within Canada. Once she leaves, you can reapply from India.

savinder09

May 11, 2024
Since your child is on visitor visa, she cannot apply for a new permit within Canada. Once she leaves, you can reapply from India.
I have a friend who is in same situation as me as he and his wife has work permits and they got a TRV for themselves and their toddler who was on visitor record. How come he got a TRV for his child. I asked him but he doesn't know because an agent did it for him. Its hard for me to afford and agent right now so I'm trying to do it myself.