+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple full-time jobs at same schedule.. Intent of refusal received from OINP HCP

msali01

Dec 17, 2023
Hello All,
I am an inland CEC application, Unfortunately, I received an intent to refuse letter and need some advice on how to proceed forward.
I had two full-time jobs between May 31, 2022, to April 14, 2023. They were remote so it was very much manageable. OINP has said the following.

"All reference letters provided by both employers indicate that your work schedule was Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. It is not reasonable that you would have two different full-time jobs with the same work schedule. "Based on the inconsistencies noted respecting the supporting documentation submitted to date, your application does not demonstrate that you meet, on a balance of probabilities, program criteria respecting work experience under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream"
I couldn't find information on having two full-time jobs on the same schedule would that make it ineligible?

I provided them with the following documents:
  • reference letters from both companies.
  • bi-weekly paystubs which show my hourly rate and hours I worked.
  • bank statements which shows my salary being deposited bi-weekly.
  • T4 for both companies.
  • NOA from CRA for the year 2022.
Please advise on how can I move forward to provide more information to the immigration officer.

thirdfromright

Star Member
May 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Passport Req..
13-05-2024
While it was manageable for you to work at the same time for both the employers, you need to look at it from the point of view of the immigration officer. If you are working for 2 employers in the same schedule, it would mean that you are not working full time for either of them. You cannot squeeze 80 hours of work in a 40 hour work week. I would suggest that you contact an immigration lawyer to help you prepare your response as it would not be easy convincing the immigration officer that you were working full time.

msali01

Dec 17, 2023
While it was manageable for you to work at the same time for both the employers, you need to look at it from the point of view of the immigration officer. If you are working for 2 employers in the same schedule, it would mean that you are not working full time for either of them. You cannot squeeze 80 hours of work in a 40 hour work week. I would suggest that you contact an immigration lawyer to help you prepare your response as it would not be easy convincing the immigration officer that you were working full time.
Right what you said it does make sense, thank you for the advice! I will go and talk with a lawyer

One more question.

In my express entry profile I have this overlapping work experience. Can I remove one of the work experience and claim points for the work experience I need?
But post ITA I will have to mention all my work history in "work and personal activity section in the last 10 years "

thirdfromright

Star Member
May 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Passport Req..
13-05-2024
Right what you said it does make sense, thank you for the advice! I will go and talk with a lawyer

One more question.

In my express entry profile I have this overlapping work experience. Can I remove one of the work experience and claim points for the work experience I need?
But post ITA I will have to mention all my work history in "work and personal activity section in the last 10 years "
At this stage making any changes in the EE would have no impact. You can leave it as is. However, make sure you provide the same details as you provided to OINP.

Reactions: msali01