+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5476 Use of representative - question

pcjimo

May 15, 2024
Hello, thanks for your video! I have a question, we are a family, mother and two brothers and we are over 18+, we live together and I will fill out the tourist visa applications for the three of us (including mine), but they will tell me their information to fill out in their application and I will upload their supports, I will only fill out the applications just because I have a better command of everything that has to do with computers and the internet, in this case it is necessary to fill out the IMM5476 Use of representative? Would it be mandatory?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Adult children cannot apply as "family" with mother. Each adult needs to apply as individual. If you are filling in their forms, then you need to be their representative.

pcjimo

May 15, 2024
Adult children cannot apply as "family" with mother. Each adult needs to apply as individual. If you are filling in their forms, then you need to be their representative.
Thank you, but I have a question in the new ircc portal it says that if we want to apply with someone else, and it shows the option to choose "family", so, i was thinking to fill out the three applications for each of us and each one has their own employment letter supports, your own funds, etc., only that it would apply within the same ircc account and within an applicant group called "family", is that not possible either? I mean, we can't apply this way either?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you, but I have a question in the new ircc portal it says that if we want to apply with someone else, and it shows the option to choose "family", so, i was thinking to fill out the three applications for each of us and each one has their own employment letter supports, your own funds, etc., only that it would apply within the same ircc account and within an applicant group called "family", is that not possible either? I mean, we can't apply this way either?
IRCC definition of family is spouse/common law partner/children under 22 years old and single.

I am not familiar with the current ICC account online process. So I will let others to response.