+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How recent should the work experience be in the skilled profession to be eligible for Express Entry

gmagic

Jan 7, 2024
Hi all,
I have created an express entry profile and I have about 3.5 years of experience in my profession.
I am currently working in India, which is where I will be or rather am applying for the express entry.
Should I have a minimum of 1 year of work experience from my country of application of EE and should this be within the last 3 years ?
I want to quit my job and if it is required that I need to have 1 year of work experience within the last 3 years then I wont be able to quit my job.
I am at my current job since Sept 2023 and this job is in India.
I have had lot of career gaps.
My first job was in India for 1.5 years but it was between 2013 and 2015. which is like 10 years ago, then I have 2 years of work experience outside India.
So my doubt is:
1. should I gain this 1 year experience in the recent 3 years to be eligible for express entry ?
2. Should this work experience mandatorily be from India ?

Please help me with these questions.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I have created an express entry profile and I have about 3.5 years of experience in my profession.
I am currently working in India, which is where I will be or rather am applying for the express entry.
Should I have a minimum of 1 year of work experience from my country of application of EE and should this be within the last 3 years ?
I want to quit my job and if it is required that I need to have 1 year of work experience within the last 3 years then I wont be able to quit my job.
I am at my current job since Sept 2023 and this job is in India.
I have had lot of career gaps.
My first job was in India for 1.5 years but it was between 2013 and 2015. which is like 10 years ago, then I have 2 years of work experience outside India.
So my doubt is:
1. should I gain this 1 year experience in the recent 3 years to be eligible for express entry ?
2. Should this work experience mandatorily be from India ?

Please help me with these questions.
Thank you
If you have created an EE profile then what is the issue. Doesn’t have to be from india, can work anywhere. You need one year of continious full time work experience in one NOC to be eligible.