+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Can I apply for child benefits with AIP?
Do people apply for work permits with AIP?
How long does it take, and is it better to wait for ECOPR?
Congratulations!! All praises to God in the highest place. You won't be able to apply for child benefit until Ecopr. If you're in Ontario you can apply for OHIP with Aip.

Yes you can apply for work permit have seen people applied for work permit with Aip but I am not sure of the timeline as we didn't apply for any work permit we just waited for Ecopr which came three months after aip thankfully.

All the best,

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
I just received AIP (Approval in Principle) now. I want to thank all my friends for their supportive information and prayers throughout this process.
I submitted my application by mail in August 2022,
it was received in October 2022,
it has been in process since April 2023,
AIP granted in May 2024.
Congratulations

Reactions: S H S

S H S

Aug 18, 2023
Congratulations!! All praises to God in the highest place. You won't be able to apply for child benefit until Ecopr. If you're in Ontario you can apply for OHIP with Aip.

Yes you can apply for work permit have seen people applied for work permit with Aip but I am not sure of the timeline as we didn't apply for any work permit we just waited for Ecopr which came three months after aip thankfully.

All the best,
Thanks for your answer. Right now, the processing time for work permit is 91 days. So it seems that's better I don't waste my money for work permit.

S H S

Aug 18, 2023
And the final questions are, how much do I need to show for financial support? Does it need to be in my bank account or can it be in the documents from my business? Additionally, in my letter, the officer asked for $515 for the right of permanent residency, but the website now says it's $575. Which amount is correct? Do I need to pay the right of permanent residency for my kids, or is that waived for them?

Last edited:

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had applied for my parent's PR under H&C in Aug 2023. A reporter recently covered my case in Forbes. Any suggestions on how I can leverage this to strengthen my case / increase my chances?
My lawyer suggested not to add it onto my file via webform. He suggested getting in touch with MP. Do MP's have any pull in this regard?

Ivy.998

Nov 10, 2021
My parents submitted their app on Aug 2022. They got AIP on Apr 2024. If anyone got 1st stage approval, please kindly let me know time frame for 2nd stage. Thank you.

Reactions: Christy Ada