+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good health insurance providers for my stay in Canada?

baniza

Aug 9, 2017
Dear all,

I applied for PR through common-law sponsoring. Until I can be on a benefits plan with my gf, I need health insurance for my own. Can anyone recommend a good company providing health insurance for Canada (and, preferrably, also Europe)?

I`m looking for a provider who`d cover all or parts of:
  • medical evacuation and emergency matters
  • hospital stays and all that classic stuff
  • prescription drugs (no pre-existing condition that would require drugs)
  • dental cleanups (important)
  • visits to a psychiatrist/chiropractor/physiotherapist
  • visits to a naturopath
Thanks for your help!
Ferdinand

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,

I applied for PR through common-law sponsoring. Until I can be on a benefits plan with my gf, I need health insurance for my own. Can anyone recommend a good company providing health insurance for Canada (and, preferrably, also Europe)?

I`m looking for a provider who`d cover all or parts of:
  • medical evacuation and emergency matters
  • hospital stays and all that classic stuff
  • prescription drugs (no pre-existing condition that would require drugs)
  • dental cleanups (important)
  • visits to a psychiatrist/chiropractor/physiotherapist
  • visits to a naturopath
Thanks for your help!
Ferdinand
Regular insurance policies will only cover your first two bullet points. Insurance that covers everything on your list will be extremely expensive and you can expect it will have very high deductibles. Best option is to get insurance that coverage emergencies and hospitalization - and to pay for everything else out of your own pocket. Keep in mind that insurance companies are in the business of making money - so they aren't going to sell you a policy that they know is going to cost them more than it costs you.

baniza

Aug 9, 2017
Regular insurance policies will only cover your first two bullet points. Insurance that covers everything on your list will be extremely expensive and you can expect it will have very high deductibles. Best option is to get insurance that coverage emergencies and hospitalization - and to pay for everything else out of your own pocket. Keep in mind that insurance companies are in the business of making money - so they aren't going to sell you a policy that they know is going to cost them more than it costs you.
Thanks for your response, scylla!
That makes sense.

I`m going for a dental cleanup every 3 months, which adds up to about 800 $. Don`t you think that there are options that would cover that plus any emergency dental procedures in case of an accident or so? Insurance for emergencies is definitely the most important, as unforseen major procedures could amount to huge amount of money. I`m just wondering whether some emergency options wouldn`t also cover dental cleanups.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response, scylla!
That makes sense.

I`m going for a dental cleanup every 3 months, which adds up to about 800 $. Don`t you think that there are options that would cover that plus any emergency dental procedures in case of an accident or so? Insurance for emergencies is definitely the most important, as unforseen major procedures could amount to huge amount of money. I`m just wondering whether some emergency options wouldn`t also cover dental cleanups.
They'll cover emergency dental - but not regular cleanups.

primaryrehab

May 7, 2024
Hey Baniza,

If you're seeking top-notch chiropractic care in Surrey, look no further than Primary Rehab. Their dedication to providing the best chiropractic services is evident in their approach to patient care and treatment methods. From relieving back pain to improving overall well-being, Primary Rehab's team of skilled professionals is committed to helping you achieve your health goals.

Whether you're dealing with chronic pain, recovering from an injury, or simply aiming to optimize your physical health, Primary Rehab offers personalized treatment plans tailored to your needs. With their expertise and state-of-the-art facilities, you can trust that you're in good hands.

So, if you're on the hunt for the Best Chiropractor Surrey, don't hesitate to check out Primary Rehab. Your journey to better health starts here!