+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions about applying CEC as a couple

YOR7s0BC1GOd

May 12, 2024
Hi,

I'm working on a NOC 0 job and will be eligible to apply for the CEC next year. And I'm planning to get married this year.
My wife lives in another country and she's not eligible to work here in Canada.

I'm studying the policy yet some things are not clear to me:

1. Can I apply the CEC as a couple so we'll get our PR approved same time? Or I have to wait until I've got my PR and then apply for my wife.
2. If she has no offer from Canada, is applying PR the only way to get her here and stay with me?
3. To me, I can issue a job offer but our company won't be able to issue a LIMA. So does it mean in such a case, my wife is unable to work with me in my company having a work-permit?

Many thanks for anyone help me clarify my questions.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
1. Can I apply the CEC as a couple so we'll get our PR approved same time? Or I have to wait until I've got my PR and then apply for my wife.
Better to get married first (perhaps outside Canada) and then apply as a couple, cz otherwise, you'll have to wait for your PR to be done, then apply for her as a spousal sponsorship (which will take like 12 months).

2. If she has no offer from Canada, is applying PR the only way to get her here and stay with me?
No, as aforementioned, you have two ways. No need to get anypoint from her side. The only disadvantage I can think of is that the wife my decrease your CRS score. So make sure to calculate your points very well first in either case.

3. To me, I can issue a job offer but our company won't be able to issue a LIMA. So does it mean in such a case, my wife is unable to work with me in my company having a work-permit?
If you have a WP right now, regardless of the PR thing, you can get her an open WP based on your WP.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
1. Yes, if you lived together for 1 year before the application and you'd better get married.

2. You can do it even on the basis of your work permit.

3. She will be able to work with the SOWP.